The Student Room Group

Predicted Grade Help

We got some of our predicted grades today and i got lower than i was expecting, a C for English, but ive been looking at unis that are in the BBC range. I was banking on english and history being my bs and my sociology being the c. Now i dont really know what to do as its looking like i wont be able to get to my fave uni and i'm stressing !! any advice??

Scroll to see replies

What year are you in?
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
What year are you in?

Year 13 ://
Original post by thespoooks
Year 13 ://

Ohhh. You could ask your teacher if you are able to bring it up a bit because in some cases they could depending on your academic progress in yr 12. If not, you resit yr 12 to get the predicted grades you wanted. You could always try to send an application in and see what you get; if you don’t get a offer, you could research if your fav uni does clearing from time to time and hope they go into clearing.
Ohhh. You could ask your teacher if you are able to bring it up a bit because in some cases they could depending on your academic progress in yr 12. If not, you resit yr 12 to get the predicted grades you wanted. You could always try to send an application in and see what you get; if you don’t get a offer, you could research if your fav uni does clearing from time to time and hope they go into clearing.

Why, do target grades matter?
Original post by daveymcloughlin
Why, do target grades matter?

Do mean target grades you get near the start of yr 12? In my opinion I don’t think they matter because you get your predicted grades in yr 13, which you actually use.

If you meant the predicted grades you get in yr 13, it’s important because it’s how unis can determine if you have the right grades to be able to do the course since they don’t know if you’ll get at a level so it’s important in the application process. Unis can reject your offer with one of the reasons is that they believe your predicted grades is not good enough for their course or not competitive enough for a oversupplied course.
Do mean target grades you get near the start of yr 12? In my opinion I don’t think they matter because you get your predicted grades in yr 13, which you actually use.

If you meant the predicted grades you get in yr 13, it’s important because it’s how unis can determine if you have the right grades to be able to do the course since they don’t know if you’ll get at a level so it’s important in the application process. Unis can reject your offer with one of the reasons is that they believe your predicted grades is not good enough for their course or not competitive enough for a oversupplied course.

Yeah but what if you get A’s in your end of year mocks and your target grades are only C’s. I’m in ur 12 now and all mine are D lol
Yeah but what if you get A’s in your end of year mocks and your target grades are only C’s. I’m in ur 12 now and all mine are D lol

Your predicted grades will most likely be As then. That’s fine if that’s they’ll change with your end of year mocks. The teachers will look at your grade and give you a set of predicted grades from those mocks and overall progress, which will be used for your uni application.
Your predicted grades will most likely be As then. That’s fine if that’s they’ll change with your end of year mocks. The teachers will look at your grade and give you a set of predicted grades from those mocks and overall progress, which will be used for your uni application.

Yh but I can’t see them bumping them up by 3 grades. Maybe to B’s but I need at least straight A’s if I want to go Manchester and not Keele lol
Reply 9

Yeah, I've got two English teachers, the one who told me was proper harsh and rather rude about it so I'm asking the other one of there's anything I can do about it. I've checked with clearing at the uni I want does do them so let's hope that's an option
Reply 10
Ask to do a practice test/ a mock paper, and then hopefully you get a high grade in that which can influence the teacher to increase your mark.
Yh but I can’t see them bumping them up by 3 grades. Maybe to B’s but I need at least straight A’s if I want to go Manchester and not Keele lol

Maybe a B but if you show progress and consistent grades like those As won’t luck then they’ll bump it up and maybe in some cases if they see that’s it’s not barely scraping it or they see you potentially getting it then they could be able to bump it up to a higher grade than before. However it depends on the sixth form. Omg me too I wanna go to Manchester too what course like?
Original post by thespoooks
Yeah, I've got two English teachers, the one who told me was proper harsh and rather rude about it so I'm asking the other one of there's anything I can do about it. I've checked with clearing at the uni I want does do them so let's hope that's an option

Will you be able to ask if you could do an extra test? Maybe they’ll let you but it really depends. I hope your other English teacher will give you an alternative.
Actually I just remember because davey mentioned Manchester. What uni are you going to because you can get a contextual offer if you do something that’ll give you extra ucas points. Unis like Manchester can bring down one grade if you do something like an epq so instead of AAA it can be AAB
ask head of year to increase your grades
Reply 15

if its uni of manchester have you considered doing the MAP programme? i have a friend who got into a course that is usually AAA with the grades of BBB
Reply 16

also start of year target grades are usually very bad, they're predicted from how well you did on gcse's but that doesnt matter. if throughout the year you do well and in the end of year mocks you get high grades you will be predicted high. i got BBB at the end of year mocks and was predicted AAA but managed to achieve higher this is after being predicted DDD at the start of year 12
Original post by hilmao
if its uni of manchester have you considered doing the MAP programme? i have a friend who got into a course that is usually AAA with the grades of BBB

What that never heard of it?
Original post by hilmao

Isn’t that for people who live locally in Manchester?
Isn’t that for people who live locally in Manchester?

What is it?

Quick Reply

Latest