Face Creams Watch

Star_M
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok....just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for any decent facecreams, especially for the summer, as there is sooooo many to choose from, I dont know where to start! lol
:p:
xXx
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm currently using Dior Hydra Action and it's really good! Not too heavy and really moisturises well without leaving you shiny in the heat It was great on holiday too when my face got dry from the sea water and swimming pool.
Milady de Winter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's your skin type, and how much do you want to pay?
GoingThroughTheMotions
Report 10 years ago
I use L'oreal Derma Genesis, which is lovely for my skin, but pretty expensive (About £18!).
A cheaper option is Nivea Intensive moisturising cream which I bought the other day from sainsuburys for only £1.20!
Star_M
(Original post by .x.jen.x.)
I'm currently using Dior Hydra Action and it's really good! Not too heavy and really moisturises well without leaving you shiny in the heat It was great on holiday too when my face got dry from the sea water and swimming pool.

Ohhh sounds good....im going on holiday soon, I have combination skin, which is generally clear apart from the odd blemish, but pricewise im not too fussed
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Star_M)
Ohhh sounds good....im going on holiday soon, I have combination skin, which is generally clear apart from the odd blemish, but pricewise im not too fussed
Your skin type sounds pretty similar to mine too! I'd recommend going along to one of the Dior counters in John Lewis or Debenhams etc too and asking for a little sample jar of it for free. The sample jar is plenty big enough for a hol too and you'd probs even have some left over. I didn't want to take a big jar of it away with me so i took the sample one and i've still got loads left. That way you get to try it before you buy, and you have a perfectly sized pot to take away with you :p:

As a cheaper alternative i'm also a fan of Nivea. I switch between Dior if i'm actually going out, or Nivea Visage Young Control Shine moisturiser if i'm just staying in or going to the gym or something so i don't waste the good stuff. Both are good though!

Another option if you're going away if you don't mind spending is the Dior Bronze Sun Glowing Moisturiser in "001 Blond". It makes your skin look sooo nice on holiday. It's not like a fake tan, it's only lightly tinted, and if for any reason you put too much on or dont blend it in to your skin properly you can wash it straight off. It's got quite a pleasant scent too and has SPF so will protect your skin from the sun too. It can be nice to maintain the "tan" on your face once you get back from holiday too! It's quite light on your face and i find i don't need to use powder or anything extra over the top of it either.
Milady de Winter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Garnier is good - I forget what the particular cream is called, but it comes in a bright green pot and it's advertised all over the place. It's very light, smells nice, and leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. Good for combi skin (like mine), and it's only about 7.99.
Star_M
(Original post by .x.jen.x.)
Another option if you're going away if you don't mind spending is the Dior Bronze Sun Glowing Moisturiser in "001 Blond". It makes your skin look sooo nice on holiday. It's not like a fake tan, it's only lightly tinted, and if for any reason you put too much on or dont blend it in to your skin properly you can wash it straight off. It's got quite a pleasant scent too and has SPF so will protect your skin from the sun too. It can be nice to maintain the "tan" on your face once you get back from holiday too! It's quite light on your face and i find i don't need to use powder or anything extra over the top of it either.
lol Im black so whilst it may not be a fake tan im not in desperate need of a tinted moisturiser

Thanks for all the suggestions! I do like the Nivea creams,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads