Chavs shouting at me in the street for looking younger than I am Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anon because I feel really embarrassed and dont want anyone I know to find out lol.

Basically I've had a really great day and it was all fine up until I was walking home. I was just walking up the road, minding my own business, when 2 chav boys came up to me and started like wolf whistling and shouting at me. I tried to ignore it and walked on but they literally wouldn't go away. They kept following me asking how old I am etc. I told them my age (20) and then they accused me of lying, literally shouting "WHATEVER, AS IF! YOU'RE NOT 20!!" in the middle of the street! They were only like 16/17 themselves.

I am actually 20 (and a girl just to make it clear lol) and I know I look a bit young for my age but it really upset me for some reason to have 2 total strangers come up to me and start shouting at me and telling me I look young. I can't help being small built lol. I'm only 5'2 which doesn't help.

Don't know what I want to achieve by writing this, just feel a bit upset and need to write it somewhere. I wish I didn't look so young for my age.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
theyre just pricks.
making people feel bad gives them sort of sexual gratification.
try not to let it get to you
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You said it yourself, 'chavs'.
WOLLSMOTH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't take it personally they are rl trolls
M15T3R CH4RL35
Report 10 years ago
I keep having to remind people that I am 2 years older than enough to drive a car, yet they can't imagine me driving one because I look so young!
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
Yes, ignore them.
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm nearly 20 (and male) and I get that sort of thing all the time....But my intense fear of growing up means it's almost nice that people don't believe I'm 19.

Try to see a bright side, despite how rubbish they are. You're way, way better than they are, and they knew it.
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stand up for yourself! :P
I would have been like, "Go home little boys!" Haha. Lmao great at insults aren't I?
You're lucky though at least when you're in your 60's or whatever you'll not look like a pensioner!
boing
Report 10 years ago
in 30 years you will still look young and you can show them the fingers
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I take a personal interest in this post as it happens to me too! (I am 20 too) They don't actually talk to me they just shout things and wolf whistle. They also do it when I am with the pram which I do think is out of order.

I have no idea what to do either!
looloo90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when your peers are old and wrinkly you'll be greatful for your youthful looks

try not to let a couple of chavs ruin your really great day!
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by balloon_parade)
I take a personal interest in this post as it happens to me too! (I am 20 too) They don't actually talk to me they just shout things and wolf whistle. They also do it when I am with the pram which I do think is out of order.

I have no idea what to do either!
In your case, I think I would just leave it because you're with your children.
Bunch of idiots. If it continues though I mean it is harrassment, why not try the police? Or is that going too far :p:
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're stupid idiots who will very probably get nowhere in life, so just try and ignore them and get away. Its easier said than done though, so good luck.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Irony; I'm 18 and people think I'm much older.
If I walk down the street with my 9 year old sister, I get ALL the time: "Is that your daughter?":mad:
Rabbit Season
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
Don't take it personally they are rl trolls
I om logond
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
In your case, I think I would just leave it because you're with your children.
Bunch of idiots. If it continues though I mean it is harrassment, why not try the police? Or is that going too far :p:
Probably too far! Although I might tell the neighbourhood PCSO next time I see him on his bike doing the rounds!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads