Aupairing/meeting people Watch

slothie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm going to be an au pair in Austria for 6/7 weeks from the end of July. I wanted to practise my German and do something other than work at home! The only thing is I'll be staying in a small quiet village, and I don't think there's a huge amount to do there, although it's about 20km from a big city, Linz. Any ideas on how I might meet people my own age, bearing in mind I'll have afternoons and Sundays free?
yellowwdaisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
perhaps look online for aupair groups in that area?
also- when you get there, you could put up ads for 'young people' who would be interested in doing a 'deutsch-englisch Tandum'- language exchange.
I'm in france atm and i always suggest this idea to french students- seems to be a good excuse to meet people (worth a shot in any case!)

word of advice though- be open to meeting other foreign people- including other english- speaking people- otherwise you will get very lonely! (even people I know who speak french or german fluently who've been in the country several months already find this)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise