The Student Room Group

Does having sex bring u closer

I have been going out with my boyfriend for a month and we are going to have sex. We're both 16 and first relationship. We're in love.

I have heard sex brings a boy closer to u and makes them love u and feel more attached, is this true?
Well during and after sex you release a hormone which makes bonding easier, especially if you make eye contact and cuddle after.

Now if you don’t mind me mothering you for a second...
What’s more important, however, is that you feel comfortable with him and you want to have sex. Don’t feel pressured to do it if you don’t feel ready. Also use protection. Please. Don’t be dumb.
In a proper healthy relationship it should bring you closer.

Or it can lead to the boy losing interest in you and the end of the relationship. Because they've gotten what they want - another notch on their bedpost and they want to move on to their next conquest.

Or it could be that you discover that you are sexually incompatible, which is the death knell of a happy relationship.

At the age of 16 it's possible but rather unlikely that your relationship will last until you are 25 years old.

And 16 is a bit young to be getting involved in sex. Mainly due to the lack of maturity from your boyfriend. He's a 16 year old boy! He's not going to be mature! He's going to do and say a certain amount of things that are hurtful and annoying to you because h'es immature.

If you get pregnant that might draw you closer to each other, or slightly more likely, he'd want to run a mile because he doesn't want to be a dad at the age of 16 or 17.

If you do go ahead with the sex, go in with your eyes wide open. Take the contraception very seriously. Take the prospects that this might be a serious long term relationship with a huge pinch of salt and treat your time with him as a bit of fun and of you starting your apprenticeship in finding out what relationships are all about: the recruitment and the retention.
Reply 3
Depends on what sexual postion you use
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Well during and after sex you release a hormone which makes bonding easier, especially if you make eye contact and cuddle after.

Now if you don’t mind me mothering you for a second...
What’s more important, however, is that you feel comfortable with him and you want to have sex. Don’t feel pressured to do it if you don’t feel ready. Also use protection. Please. Don’t be dumb.

Thanks yea, I love him and want this to bring us closer
But we'll use protection for sure
Reply 5
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
In a proper healthy relationship it should bring you closer.

Or it can lead to the boy losing interest in you and the end of the relationship. Because they've gotten what they want - another notch on their bedpost and they want to move on to their next conquest.

Or it could be that you discover that you are sexually incompatible, which is the death knell of a happy relationship.

At the age of 16 it's possible but rather unlikely that your relationship will last until you are 25 years old.

And 16 is a bit young to be getting involved in sex. Mainly due to the lack of maturity from your boyfriend. He's a 16 year old boy! He's not going to be mature! He's going to do and say a certain amount of things that are hurtful and annoying to you because h'es immature.

If you get pregnant that might draw you closer to each other, or slightly more likely, he'd want to run a mile because he doesn't want to be a dad at the age of 16 or 17.

If you do go ahead with the sex, go in with your eyes wide open. Take the contraception very seriously. Take the prospects that this might be a serious long term relationship with a huge pinch of salt and treat your time with him as a bit of fun and of you starting your apprenticeship in finding out what relationships are all about: the recruitment and the retention.

Thanks a lot for that advice, I got contraception sorted with an implant and I'm dreading things if they don't work out long term :frown:

He seems very in love with me so hopefully it will help retain him now that he's fully recruited and commited to me.
Reply 6
Original post by SMEGGGY
Depends on what sexual postion you use

I'm guessing it'll be missionary on our first attempt?
I have been going out with my boyfriend for a month and we are going to have sex. We're both 16 and first relationship. We're in love.

I have heard sex brings a boy closer to u and makes them love u and feel more attached, is this true?

Sex is awesome and can be whatever you want it to be, but there is nobody who can tell you how your particular partner will react to sex.

Do not have sex with the expectation that it'll cause a particular response in anybody at all. You don't even know it'll make you feel. Definitely don't use sex to try and get a boy more attached to you. Do it because it's what you want and only when you're ready.
Reply 8
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Sex is awesome and can be whatever you want it to be, but there is nobody who can tell you how your particular partner will react to sex.

Do not have sex with the expectation that it'll cause a particular response in anybody at all. You don't even know it'll make you feel. Definitely don't use sex to try and get a boy more attached to you. Do it because it's what you want and only when you're ready.

I know you're right and I am ready I just can't help hoping he's in love with me as much after as he is before cause from what I've heard it could go either way :frown: he's a virgin too so hopefully it'll be more meaningful to him,
Reply 9
lol, no, it won't make him 'love you more', it's an excuse people use to **** naive people. still, sex can be amazing but you are expecting too much from it.
Original post by Ciel.
lol, no, it won't make him 'love you more', it's an excuse people use to **** naive people. still, sex can be amazing but you are expecting too much from it.

I suppose so, but surely being in a committed relationship helps?
Reply 11
I suppose so, but surely being in a committed relationship helps?

eh, not necessarily
not if one of you ghosts the other, no
Original post by Ciel.
eh, not necessarily

I see :frown: good to be prepared in case it doesn't.
Original post by HoldThisL
not if one of you ghosts the other, no

He would never :frown: but he might not be turned on by my body when its naked and then slowly ghost me over time.
It doesn’t always make you feel closer and can even do the opposite. It depends on how both people are in themselves and what the relationship is like. Are you physically, mentally and emotionally ready for sex? Don’t have sex because you think it will make you feel closer because you could be very disappointed. Make sure you’re ready.
Original post by YaliaV
It doesn’t always make you feel closer and can even do the opposite. It depends on how both people are in themselves and what the relationship is like. Are you physically, mentally and emotionally ready for sex? Don’t have sex because you think it will make you feel closer because you could be very disappointed. Make sure you’re ready.

Yeah we're ready, we've been very close for six months but now it's just when we can have the alone time to actually do it as we want to stay together the whole night, so the only option is to stay at a friends house. We feel ready in every way and he's proved he really cares about me a lot.

Depends on how you view sex. For some people it is emotional, for others it's just physical.

Quick Reply

Latest