Why do guys never chat me up? Watch

Anonymous,
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If guys are supposed to like most women then why am I 24 and still never had a bf or been chatted up by a guy lol? I want to get to the bottom of it but its quite hard there are too many factors Guys simply ignore me like Im not there.
royale_sufi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Perhaps people dont see you as an approachable person. Its hard to say with so little information.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Post a pic
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
probably a minger
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
probably a minger
Ever the politician, aint ya!?
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you have to describe yourself to us, are you polite? sensible / naughty / would you describe yourself as not bad looking, or dead gawjuss....i would help, lol, but you havent given alot of information:confused:

1 tip- men dont always have to come to you, we can go to them

xmizzy.mx
atoms4peace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you're ug?
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are loads of reasons:

• Where you're going? Does it look like other people are getting approached?
  • Who you're going with- (if you hang out with a lot of guys then maybe that is why.)
  • Do you look approachable
  • do your friends get chatted up?

Have you tried approaching guys yourself? People do that these days, :p: hehe!
royale_sufi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the best reason is probably that you dont make much of an effort, that is all i can tell from the information you hav given.
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous,)
If guys are supposed to like most women then why am I 24 and still never had a bf or been chatted up by a guy lol? I want to get to the bottom of it but its quite hard there are too many factors Guys simply ignore me like Im not there.
you really have to tell us more about yourself.
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe someone stamped the word "herpes" on your forehead in ink that only men can see.
x
Silvertongue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe people just presume that you have a boyfriend already? Like other people have said, maybe you don't look like an approachable person and I don't mean that you look mean or anything. Like you could seem to be a tomboy so guys just want to have you as a friend or shy so guys find it hard to talk to you or too outgoing so guys get really scared? I'm just guessing here by the way. We can't really help unless you tell us a bit more about yourself and your personality. Don't worry, there are loads of factors involved in this, not everyone has a boyfriend by the time they're 24. As for the chatting up thing, won't you rather have a boyfriend that you met as a friend instead of a random stranger chatting you up in a street?

No one really chats me up but the occasional wolf whistling and car horn beeping can get really annoying and makes you feel like a piece of meat at times. You're not really missing out on anything.
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just put a pic in profile lol I know the clothes look stupid :/
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
we cant tell from just that post
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
u r probably hard to approach.Like r u very shy or something?
shriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cant find it

oh i can see it now..
kayzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm like you OP i never get chatted up :sad: the only time i ever get any attention is when i go clubbing

i think i'm pretty approachable but maybe not, i'm quite shy most of the time so think that may have something to do with it but maybe i'm just hideous
Lord Lawz
Report 10 years ago
Guys are generally shallow. Honestly - invest in some new, stylish clothes, use a self-tanner, go to an expensive hair salon. It's all worth it. Join a gym, see a trainer - let him hook you up with a program and work out at least 3 times a week. See a stylist. Don't be nervous around guys. Try to get eye contact (make sure you have contacts if you're wear glasses). Just try it all out and if that doesn't work out, you could try speed dating...even join up on one of those dating sites (but be careful!)
McFearless
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
smiiiiiiiiile. you'll be surprised at the wonders it does.
RDS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i would chat you up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed