The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous,
I just put a pic in profile lol I know the clothes look stupid :/

Your VERY pretty. That being said, its probably just where you hang out and stuff like that. It has got nothing to do with how you look.
Reply 21
I don't know. You're pretty, OP *-*
Reply 22
Sine
u r probably hard to approach.Like r u very shy or something?

Yea but only because I don't want to be pushy.
Reply 23
royale_sufi
Your VERY pretty. That being said, its probably just where you hang out and stuff like that. It has got nothing to do with how you look.

I agree OP you look fine:biggrin:
Reply 24
Have you got a pic with longer hair? It might look better its hard to see your face proper in that
Anonymous,

Pushy would be hounding someone for a date or following them round the club! General conversation isn't desperate.
Reply 26
No Ive never had long hair lol, don't think Ive got a better one
Anonymous,

There's nothing pushy about going up to a guy you like the look of, flashing him a genuine smile and saying 'Hi' - he'll probably be flattered you came up, some guys are fed up with girls assuming they'll come to talk to them. Try it. If he's uninterested, don't be disheartened or put off, it doesn't work all the time - his loss!

Livs
Reply 28
The Socialite
There's nothing pushy about going up to a guy you like the look of, flashing him a genuine smile and saying 'Hi' - he'll probably be flattered you came up, some guys are fed up with girls assuming they'll come to talk to them. Try it. If he's uninterested, don't be disheartened or put off, it doesn't work all the time - his loss!

Livs

The thing is I hardly ever go to pubs or clubbing I just go to work and play tennis thats it I see loads of guys and ask them stuff but they never appear interested.
Do you go out much? I find that has a HUGE bearing on whether I get chatted up or not. Also what's your work/study place's atmosphere like?? ANy hot guys there? If you see a hot guy, make conversation... Laughing and smiling is good. :smile:

Also... Don't just go for it with someone just cos they're there... waiting is worth it... Way worth it. There's probably a reason for saying about missing mr right whilst making do with mister right now...

Chin up! :smile:

edit: I agree it's nothing to do with how you look!
Reply 30
kayzy
i'm like you OP i never get chatted up :sad: the only time i ever get any attention is when i go clubbing

i think i'm pretty approachable but maybe not, i'm quite shy most of the time so think that may have something to do with it but maybe i'm just hideous :s-smilie:

It's hard to chat up a flash of light though, but the girl behind it, wow.. now if i know her in real life well.. i wouldnt be a single man currently. :cool:
Reply 31
Hey, how you doin'?:hubba:

Well, had to be done :p:
im sorry i dont see the picture on your profile, iv tried refreshing it like 5 times, still no picture :p:..but as people say here, your pretty, so its not your looks..... maybe it where you hang out...or majority of guys hav gf's :p:.... do what i would do..but i dont..chat the guys up :p:..it wont harm you...
Reply 33
thepinkpowerranger
Do you go out much? I find that has a HUGE bearing on whether I get chatted up or not. Also what's your work/study place's atmosphere like?? ANy hot guys there? If you see a hot guy, make conversation... Laughing and smiling is good. :smile:

Also... Don't just go for it with someone just cos they're there... waiting is worth it... Way worth it. There's probably a reason for saying about missing mr right whilst making do with mister right now...

Chin up! :smile:

At work most of the people are older and have kids I work in a care home lol, not really a place where guys hang out but I do talk to guys my age elsewhere.
Reply 34
I just saw the profile pic. It probably doesn't have much to do with what you look like - though I'd still take the advice about looks on board as it should improve your confidence. I can't tell you what you're doing wrong from an internet forum. Just try to look like you're having a good time, and that you're enjoying yourself. People always want to hang around where the fun is. Go out more - bars/ clubs etc. Learn to dance (salsa lessons etc...). Guys usually approach girls but why not approach guys? If you get rejected, so what? It's such a stupid fear - it's more embarrassing for the person rejecting. Keep going up to guys until you get accepted. Each time your approach improves. As Michael Jordan said 'You miss 100% of the shots you never take'.
Anonymous,
The thing is I hardly ever go to pubs or clubbing I just go to work and play tennis thats it I see loads of guys and ask them stuff but they never appear interested.

Maybe they just dont expect that you want them to chat you up. Its been said before, but they probably expect you already have a boyfriend. It wont hurt for you to go to other places.
Reply 36
i_<3_you
im sorry i dont see the picture on your profile, iv tried refreshing it like 5 times, still no picture :p:..but as people say here, your pretty, so its not your looks..... maybe it where you hang out...or majority of guys hav gf's :p:.... do what i would do..but i dont..chat the guys up :p:..it wont harm you...

oh sorry I took it down someone asked to see a better one I was looking
dont worry i never get chatted up either! :frown:
Reply 38
electro_girl
dont worry i never get chatted up either! :frown:

You singled handedly convinced me that going to cardiff would be a quality idea :wink:
I'm afraid I don't see any picture, sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending