Work are horrible to me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i work at amazon but it is hell, the bosses treat me like a piece of meat. I have a condition where if I need the toilet I have to go no matter what but my boss moaned at me that I was too long in the toilet yet some of the foreigners who work here they disappear for longer yet they don't get in trouble especially the men they get away with it. the final straw came yesterday when they refused me permission to go to the loo and I ended up wetting myself and people made fun of me, I was crying I told mum when I got home and they said I should not go back for tonights shift, they make me work overtime without asking me. advice?
Anonnorth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i work at amazon but it is hell, the bosses treat me like a piece of meat. I have a condition where if I need the toilet I have to go no matter what but my boss moaned at me that I was too long in the toilet yet some of the foreigners who work here they disappear for longer yet they don't get in trouble especially the men they get away with it. the final straw came yesterday when they refused me permission to go to the loo and I ended up wetting myself and people made fun of me, I was crying I told mum when I got home and they said I should not go back for tonights shift, they make me work overtime without asking me. advice?
Your mum is right, no job is worth being treated like that.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if they refuse your medically necessary toilet breaks you could probably sue them for constructive dismissal

by making your work life difficult (ie causing you serious embarrassment and potential medical issues) they make it difficult for you to do your job and then, when you can't do your job properly, they use it to fire you unfairly

you'd need to collect evidence and go to an employment tribunal but clearly you deserve better treatment so i'd recommend it

im not a lawyer though
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you given work evidence of your medical condition? If not, get a note from your Doctor, bring it in to work one day, during office hours, and give it to HR. Explain your needs to HR. Explain the incident with the line manager not allowing you a break. Make it very clear to HR that if anything similar happens again, you will be making a formal complaint. Let HR deal with your line-manager. Do this all next week, do not delay any further. If necessary, sepak to HR first and bring the letter in later.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd get the heck out of there, Amazon are awful to work for
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I wouldn't even give them a second chance. The bosses are cruel and your colleagues are bullies.
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you desperately need the money or can you afford a few months without income while you find something else?

If you can afford to leave I would write a letter to HR explaining you are leaving with immediate effect due to your medical needs not being considered leading to acute pain and embarrassment, you consider it constructive dismissal and need them to confirm they will provide a neutral/positive reference. Also speak to ACAS as thry can provide more info on wording/rights.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
How long have you been working there, if it's been a while you will have more rights.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to your union - this is illegal.
jaxon1999cd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I'd get the heck out of there, Amazon are awful to work for
It depends whether you’re warehouse cleaner or a data scientist at Amazon
Deyesy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No employer would refuse you the right to go the loo, especially if you mentioned that you were at the point were you may potentially soil yourself. They also can't make you work overtime without telling you.

Things don't add up here.
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Deyesy)
No employer would refuse you the right to go the loo, especially if you mentioned that you were at the point were you may potentially soil yourself. They also can't make you work overtime without telling you.

Things don't add up here.
have you ever heard of Amazon... it's pretty clear their approach to basical human rights is to just ignore them...

And I'm pretty sure op meant they weren't told in advance
Deyesy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doodle_333)
have you ever heard of Amazon... it's pretty clear their approach to basical human rights is to just ignore them...

And I'm pretty sure op meant they weren't told in advance
I'm mean I'm allowed my opinion and so are you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads