PLEASE HELP - American Filling out UCAS Education Section Watch

QuarksAndGluons
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello there,

As you might guess, I'm an American filling out the UCAS. The education section has been an absolute nightmare - Every piece of information that I find in relation to my questions seems to contradict one another, and I'm really, REALLY growing anxious.

I've heard from a lot of people on here that Unis don't need SAT scores or GPA's. HOWEVER, these are *THE* equivalent qualifications specified on my uni's website for American students that are considered on an application (in addition to AP's, which are supplemental). Yes, I understand that SAT's and GPA's aren't always needed, but YES, I want to enter them. How do I do this? I've entered my SAT subscores (the Math and the Reading/language sections) seperately, as that was the only way to do this. There was no way to enter a traditional "SAT score" (such as a 1200, etc) unless I missed something. Also, do I have to enter my SAT Essay scores?

Secondly, I have searched and searched and SEARCHED for how to enter my GPA, as well as what I should enter under my qualifications. for one of them I've chosen "USA High school diploma" (or however they word it). Under the High school diploma, I am apparently supposed to enter "Modules", but have received frustratingly mixed and conflicting information on what to do here. I've heard:

1) Leave the modules blank, as they are only required for a specific degree.
2) Leave the modules blank, as my referee (my english teacher) is supposed to provide my transcripts (How??)
2) Fill out aaaaaaaaaaaallllllll of my high school classes I've ever taken (that's like over 40), each class as a seperate "module".

What on Earth should I do??? I can't call UCAS, and their only contact info is social media. This is beyond confusing (and a little bit terrifying because I don't want a simple mistake to ruin my chances of being accepted).

Please, please help (and please do so only if you're certain you have the right information).

Thank you so much!!
romantically-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by QuarksAndGluons)
Hello there,

As you might guess, I'm an American filling out the UCAS. The education section has been an absolute nightmare - Every piece of information that I find in relation to my questions seems to contradict one another, and I'm really, REALLY growing anxious.

I've heard from a lot of people on here that Unis don't need SAT scores or GPA's. HOWEVER, these are *THE* equivalent qualifications specified on my uni's website for American students that are considered on an application (in addition to AP's, which are supplemental). Yes, I understand that SAT's and GPA's aren't always needed, but YES, I want to enter them. How do I do this? I've entered my SAT subscores (the Math and the Reading/language sections) seperately, as that was the only way to do this. There was no way to enter a traditional "SAT score" (such as a 1200, etc) unless I missed something. Also, do I have to enter my SAT Essay scores?

Secondly, I have searched and searched and SEARCHED for how to enter my GPA, as well as what I should enter under my qualifications. for one of them I've chosen "USA High school diploma" (or however they word it). Under the High school diploma, I am apparently supposed to enter "Modules", but have received frustratingly mixed and conflicting information on what to do here. I've heard:

2) Leave the modules blank, as my referee (my english teacher) is supposed to provide my transcripts (How??)
2) Fill out aaaaaaaaaaaallllllll of my high school classes I've ever taken (that's like over 40), each class as a seperate "module".

What on Earth should I do??? I can't call UCAS, and their only contact info is social media. This is beyond confusing (and a little bit terrifying because I don't want a simple mistake to ruin my chances of being accepted).

Please, please help (and please do so only if you're certain you have the right information).

Thank you so much!!
Hey! I'm an American student and I sent my UCAS application on Monday. So, you can't actually send the GPA unless your school sends the transcript directly to them. Most universities specify if they want transcripts and some say that they don't want any additional papers besides what's on UCAS. So, don't stress about the GPA because while most schools have it, they say they want it if they ask for additional info. I'll answer the rest of your questions just now.
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by QuarksAndGluons)
Hello there,

Thank you so much!!
First off, what schools are you applying to?

Secondly, when I applied I need extraneous amounts of research and found that you do most definitely NOT need to put all of your 40 classes and they don't even require that. What UCAS cares about the most is your SAT, which you should be able to put under "add qualifications" and your past AP scores and your current AP (for which your referee needs to add predicted grades for). UCAS is very simple because your SATs and APs are literally the only things you can upload on there, your transcript is to be sent directly to the school (only if the school asks for it usually).

This is why it's important to know which school you're applying to. For example, I'm applying to LSE and UCL and while they have GPA minimum for the US they also state that they do not want to be sent any additional documents because they make their assessments solely based on what is on UCAS. They explicitly state that if they want things like transcripts and additional documents, they will write you an email asking for it. However, like I said it depends on the school. I haven't seen many UK schools that ask for transcripts because transcripts in the UK don't really exist. But, to make yourself feel better you should just call the universities you're applying to.
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Also, UCAS has it's own Facebook page where you can ask all the questions you need and they typically reply within 5-15 minutes with very lengthy and insightful responses. https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline/
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I hope this helped! If you need any more help feel free to ask me. I'm very active on this website so I guarantee that I'll respond within an hour or less.
QuarksAndGluons
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thanks so much for your very insightful reply!
Congrats on your submission, and good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (61)
35.67%
I really love the subject (44)
25.73%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.87%
I can't get a job (13)
7.6%
My parents want me to (4)
2.34%