Retainer impressions question Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. Two days ago I had my braces removed, and immediately after impressions of my teeth were taken to create my retainers. They are the Invisalign-style plastic clear retainers. The retainers fit fine, however I’m slightly worried about how they will fit in the upcoming weeks, as my gums were swollen after the braces being removed, while impressions were being taken. I really, really don’t want my teeth to shift as I’m very happy with them. Has anyone experienced something similar? What would/did you do?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. Two days ago I had my braces removed, and immediately after impressions of my teeth were taken to create my retainers. They are the Invisalign-style plastic clear retainers. The retainers fit fine, however I’m slightly worried about how they will fit in the upcoming weeks, as my gums were swollen after the braces being removed, while impressions were being taken. I really, really don’t want my teeth to shift as I’m very happy with them. Has anyone experienced something similar? What would/did you do?
Sorry, I’m being slightly unclear. Basically, the braces were removed and my gums were swollen because of this. While my gums were swollen, they took the impressions. However, as my gums calm down a bit, I’m scared my retainer will no longer fit and my teeth will shift again. Was it correct of the orthodontist to do this?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I have retainers and I’m supposed to wear them all the time but uh let’s just say I don’t. However they still fit perfectly fine. Even after your gums aren’t swollen the retainers fit fine- not too sure of the science behind it but it’ll be fine don’t worry about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.44%
Unconditional if firmed (13)
7.26%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.56%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.68%
No unconditional offers (129)
72.07%

Watched Threads