Is Chemistry compulsory to study marine biology? Watch

nina8789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm currently thinking about what A levels to take in college, I'm thinking about studying marine biology after college and I've read its good to take chemistry AND biology as an A levels. I'm not a huge fan of chemistry and I couldn't imagine myself doing for another 2 years? Is it compulsory or required? I was thinking about taking Biology, History and Physchology.
15dhillh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am also picking a levels
C7H8N4O2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nina8789)
I'm currently thinking about what A levels to take in college, I'm thinking about studying marine biology after college and I've read its good to take chemistry AND biology as an A levels. I'm not a huge fan of chemistry and I couldn't imagine myself doing for another 2 years? Is it compulsory or required? I was thinking about taking Biology, History and Physchology.
It depends on the university really. Use this link to see what different universities require by searching for marine biology in the course finder:

https://university.which.co.uk/

Most universities seem to require two sciences including Biology and some may accept psychology as a second science. Chemistry would be very useful for marine biology however.
nina8789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by C7H8N4O2)
It depends on the university really. Use this link to see what different universities require by searching for marine biology in the course finder:

https://university.which.co.uk/

Most universities seem to require two sciences including Biology and some may accept psychology as a second science. Chemistry would be very useful for marine biology however.
Thank you! I'll take a look at it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (218)
70.32%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
10.97%

Watched Threads