Oh bugger.. Watch

SuicidalLemming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My summer ball is tomorrow, so I decided to dye my roots.
I did it the exact way I usually dye my hair, with the exact same stuff - Usually goes blonde, which is what I'm used to having...

My hair is like a stupid whitey colour.
I don't know what to make of it...

Take a look at the pic, do you think I should keep it, or dye it brown (or something) tomorrow morning before college?

Thanks!

DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's your choice, tbh, although any dye you do decide to use will work well over that because it's pale. Peresonally I think your colouring would better suit a slightly darker colour.
What colour was your hair beforehand? You could always try washing it with washing up liquid, which removes dye (yep, I've had dyeing issues in the past too!). Just be sure to use a lot of conditioner after because it will dry your hair out.
Alreeeet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think It's okay
Give it a bit of volume and you're good to go!
Maybe curl it or wave it??
Becca L
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it looks fine. You cant really tell were you have dyed your roots. I wouldn't bother dying brown.
SuicidalLemming
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Alreeeet)
I think It's okay
Give it a bit of volume and you're good to go!
Maybe curl it or wave it??
My hair doesn't curl or wave It just goes straight again after about 10 minutes. Its quite annoying.
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mmm I think you should dye it darker, the colour makes you look washed out (no offence intended), a rich chocolatey brown would suit you better and look more healthy. What colour is your dress?
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you should dye it darker. This light colour doesn't really suit you.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't stress too much about it if it's tomorrow, because it's not awful. But yes agreed it's too light for your colouring. Darker will suit you much better
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuicidalLemming)
My hair doesn't curl or wave It just goes straight again after about 10 minutes. Its quite annoying.
Well i personally don't think it looks bad at all.
I wouldn't risk dying it again.

Maybe apply light makeup or a peachy blusher to ensure you don't look washed out or anything. You'll pull it off eaaassy.
love2learn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's just lacking something. Just looks like it's had the life taken out of it, not sure if that's the colour or the straightness. I'd suggest using the Wella wash in wash ut colour thingies (99p in Superdrug), light ash blonde. Should do the trick.

Given that you probably won't see that... wash it, don't straighten it, blow dry brushing it upside down to get some volume through it, and then lightly tong it with curlers. Should look awesome. Oh, and put some serum or something through it if you have it.

And it doesn't look as awful as you think. The roots don't show at all. But could definitely do with some volume through it .
-Aimee-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
don't worry about dying your hair again my dear, you look fine. but perhaps you should wear darker make up/somewhat bold lip colour otherwise you might look quite pale have fun at the ball
Frannnnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go out with a bang and shave it off.
ps. it looks fine blonde. just make it bigger.
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It isnt that bad, i wouldnt bother re-dying it another colour now just incase it doesnt turn out and then you really are introuble!
i agree, blow dry it and give it some volume, use some products to make it stay if necessary.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It looks ok, id would go with a light coloured dress, somthing orange, but i personally would dye it darker
sunburnt_note
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do NOT dye it brown when you are that light, because unless it has red in it - particularly as you've only just dyed it - it will probably go a weird browny green colour.

It really does look fine - if your dress is something dark it'll probably look even better, but no worries, you could always try putting it up so it's less obvious if you're worried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads