Dating an F1 Watch

Charlotteee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If you date a doctor, can they check your medical records, even if they dont work at your local hospital?
nastynas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they shouldn't your records are private to you and your GP.. no-one else is allowed to read it.
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
Charlotteee
but when you are admitted to a hospital they check them then don't they? What if h just pretends i've been admitted and checks it!!
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
BillV3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlotteee)
but when you are admitted to a hospital they check them then don't they? What if h just pretends i've been admitted and checks it!!
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Revd. Mike
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They could possibly request your records, but if they got caught that's pretty much instant dismissal. And chances are they would get caught.
WhatTheFunk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It would be unethical, and they could easily lose their job over it (whilst being prevented from ever registering with the GMC), so I doubt they'd risk it tbh
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Um, of course not.
They might physically be able to! But if they are ethical they won't!
Do you have some STI or something that you want to keep secret?
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
Wha the heck? . .

No they can't - :rolleyes:
Charlotteee
How do you find out for absolute certainty though?
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Doctors are called F1s? I was expecting this thread to be F1 related

Anyway, no it would be very unethical for him to check them, but I guess he could. But then you could probably report him.
Charlotteee
i took an impulsive overdose years ago and he's very conservative about such things and would probably look down on me
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So what've you got hidden in your medical records then? Stomach pumping? abortion?
Charlotteee
see above sianeh
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Surely you're going to want to tell him at some point anyway though. He should judge you based on what you are now, rather than something you did years ago. But I wouldn't worry too much about him checking your records, he wouldn't risk his entire future career over it.
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unless you acted really suspiciously about your medical history, the thought of having a look at your records probably wont cross his mind. I also doubt that having a nosy would important enough for him to possibly lose his job etc over. Most people would just ask if they really wanted to know. Honesty is the best policy afterall :rolleyes:
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got a really weird story about breaching confidentiality, so no names lol....

This girl was going out with the local "bad lad" and her dad, a policeman, didn't like the look of him. So he went into work and checked his records - he had been caught with something petty like shoplifting. So anyway the next day, he says to the boy "I've seen your records, I think you should come and explain to us all" so he gets out of his car and goes into the living room with all the family and goes "I didn't mean to kill the guy" :O! Apparently the Dad only checked the local records, and not the national ones!
Dionysia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It a) sounds like you have severe trust issues with your boyfriend and b) sounds like you're not with the right person. He should love you for who you are - the whole package, not just selective parts. If you really feel he'd look down on you, you don't sound like you're in a good relationship in which to be. You might want to think about that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (381)
37.39%
No - but I will (78)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
47.99%

Watched Threads