Contact Lens Solution - Need help Watch

RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Im new to monthly lenses, but after buying a couple of pairs from Vision Express they stated it would be £7 a month for the solution. That seems kind of pricy to me , is that a normal, average price for the stuff? What about cheaper branded stuff, is it OK to use them or is it determined alot by your lenses?
mailmerge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been fine with Boots' own brand solution (and Acuvue lenses), but don't be too cautious, because your eyes are important.

For a large bottle, 300ml, it's about £8, but that will last for 2-3 months, especially if you conserve it (don't fill the case to the top). I'm sure you can find cheaper than that quite easily.

Just something I thought of, it helps to have a small bottle for travelling, so don't just buy in bulk.
OiaB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i just get mine all in a package from specsavers
kamie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
specsavers send me a new bottle every month, but I only use about half of each one, if that - it might be worth asking if you have to get it, or can call in and buy when you need a new bottle?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads