TheWorst4Eva
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got AAA in my AS levels
but looking at the specimen papers for a2 levels I can see that I barely have covered any content with school, and if I sat the exams now would get something like DDE if I was lucky, and predicted A's. Bio, chem maths.
Is this normal?
It seems that no one else in my school cares about the rate we are covering the content in and I'm starting to get worried about weather I'd have enough time to practice after finishing the content?
And I have also tried to go ahead of the school but it just didn't work out because I found it too hard, and my medicine application lead me to even falling behind school because of it, and trying to catch up during the holidays now.
Panicking about weather im just gonna get DDE in may now :/
Last edited by TheWorst4Eva; 1 year ago
hipposhagger27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm guessing that you've only just started A2 so the fact that you think you'd get bad grades if you sat the exams now is literally what is expected because you haven't learned the content yet. You will definitely have more than enough time to revise the content after you have learned it and if you got AAA at AS, my guess is that you'll be fine for A2 : )
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheWorst4Eva)
I got AAA in my AS levels
but looking at the specimen papers for a2 levels I can see that I barely have covered any content with school, and if I sat the exams now would get something like DDE if I was lucky, and predicted A's. Bio, chem maths.
Is this normal?
It seems that no one else in my school cares about the rate we are covering the content in and I'm starting to get worried about weather I'd have enough time to practice after finishing the content?
And I have also tried to go ahead of the school but it just didn't work out because I found it too hard, and my medicine application lead me to even falling behind school because of it, and trying to catch up during the holidays now.
Panicking about weather im just gonna get DDE in may now :/
Were you prepping over the summer?
If they arent going fast enough then self teach plus organise all the other aspects on your schedule.
Make a timetable of when you need to be ready bu and adjust accordingly. You will improve, but you need to improve enough, better so when taking A levels its less of a struggle. Panic doesnt score you marks, but being smart and addressing the issues will.
TheWorst4Eva
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Lel I think I just engaged in the most useless activity for my grades, was rewriting my flashcards for biological molecules since there were not neat the first time round for like 2 hrs. For the rest of the AS spec I'm just going to use my messy flashcards xD.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.38%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.75%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.87%

Watched Threads