Personal Statement needed for reference..? Watch

10thingsIhateaboutyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey.. Just a quick question...
I know which Uni & course I want to apply for, and I am going to do so via clearing, so I need to get my UCAS form done. I haven't written my personal statement yet; would it be okay if I went to my teacher and asked for them to write my reference without a personal statement..? Did anyone here do that, or do teachers need them..?
Thanks! And please no nasty comments about how unconventional/ awkward I am!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Teachers do not need your personal statement to write your reference. I have no idea where you've got that from

:juno:
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Teacher sometimes find it easier to write a reference if they have your PS infront of them as it helps them understand your motivation to do the course, and your personal intrests and strengths.
Its not really necessary for them to use it though, because it can actually make them write a rather repetitive reference anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads