Best books for learning Anatomy & Physiology before starting Physiotherapy MSc?

Watch this thread
Christiandransfiel
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to apply for a MSc in Physiotherapy, and wondered what books you’d recommend to buy, to learn anatomy and physiology before I begin the course.

Gray’s Anatomy (I’ve found the 3rd edition) is meant to be great, and I’ve just started watching the CrashCourse YouTube Anat & Phys videos, which are great, but wondered if anyone recommends anything else.

Given that I have a degree in Mental Health Nursing, I want to get as up-to-scratch before a starting date of either September next year, or Jan 2021.

Thanks!
username2647239
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Christiandransfiel)
Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to apply for a MSc in Physiotherapy, and wondered what books you’d recommend to buy, to learn anatomy and physiology before I begin the course.

Gray’s Anatomy (I’ve found the 3rd edition) is meant to be great, and I’ve just started watching the CrashCourse YouTube Anat & Phys videos, which are great, but wondered if anyone recommends anything else.

Given that I have a degree in Mental Health Nursing, I want to get as up-to-scratch before a starting date of either September next year, or Jan 2021.

Thanks!
khan academy seems really helpful on the subject
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Christiandransfiel)
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I don't recommend Grays Anatomy for you. Unless you have a good grounding in these subjects, or a need for a good deal of detailed knowledge, I'd suggest instead something like Moore's Essential Clinical Anatomy or similar. I'm not entirely sure of the level of antaomical detail you need, though. Similarly, the classic physiology text would be Guyton and Hall, but if you just need a refresher before the course starts properly, it's probably overkill: I'd look at Vanders or Tortora instead. Alternatively, you could look at Ross & Wilson's Anatomy and Physiology and kill two birds with one stone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (140)
66.35%
No (47)
22.27%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.37%

Watched Threads