The Student Room Group

Which account is good for savings(good interest)?

I’m a student but I work part time to support myself. After all the expenses, I have around £300 left with me. Can you give me advice/suggestions on what bank account to open to save on where I can get good interest as well?
Original post by Byun.B
I’m a student but I work part time to support myself. After all the expenses, I have around £300 left with me. Can you give me advice/suggestions on what bank account to open to save on where I can get good interest as well?

my advice is not to care. since the financial crash interest rates have been worth pennies. moneysavingexpert should have accounts with the best rates but for them you need to put in x amount a month.

the best thing is to look into spending your money in the smartest way possible, eg bargains
Original post by Byun.B

Interest Rates are much of a muchness at the moment unless you can fix a certain amount away for a fixed period.

Id suggest opening a Savings Account with your current bank so you can transfer money to and from your Current Account easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending