(!) Help, my UCAS ID changed after submitting application...

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Muppetress
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I sent out my UCAS application recently and it turns out when I login to UCAS Track, i have to use an entirely different Personal ID and password. These are the ones I used for my last year's UCAS application, but for some reason I'm having to use those for this years on track.

This is especially confusing as for the LNAT, I'm required to enter my Personal ID so universities can receive my LNAT score. Which am I to use? The Personal ID I was given when applying this year, or my old one, which is now the one showing up on track? I would phone UCAS, but they're closed until Monday, and I want to remedy the situation ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
it's probably because ucas's system is pretty ******ed and something may have gone wrong so i'd suggest giving them a call
Muppetress
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
it's probably because ucas's system is pretty ******ed and something may have gone wrong so i'd suggest giving them a call
I wouldn't have worried about waiting until Monday to call them but that is one day after Oxford's LNAT exam deadline. I don't know if that deadline will make it impossible to change which ID I enter on the LNAT website, and have Oxford process it.
rmzoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
After you send your application in, UCAS change your pesonal ID to one you’ve used if you’ve previously applied, once you’re able to access track. Use your old one that you used last time you applied since this is now your personal ID.

UCAS said this in my “What happens next” email once I sent my application:
“The Personal ID that you use to log in to Track will be included in your welcome email.

If you have previously applied to UCAS, or any of our other application systems, we may have changed your Personal ID from the one above. If we do change it we will include the one you need to use on your welcome email.”
Last edited by rmzoo; 2 years ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Use your old one.

As above, it’s UCAS merging your old and new application records. Which they’re obliged to do under GDPR to remove duplicate data, not because their systems are “pretty r*tarded”, sigh.
Yqloo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
When I did my LNAT and put the details on the website, I put my new UCAS ID. However, eventually this ID merged with my old one from last year

Will universities get my LNAT results?
yaamir
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Yqloo)
When I did my LNAT and put the details on the website, I put my new UCAS ID. However, eventually this ID merged with my old one from last year

Will universities get my LNAT results?
I just had this issue, but I changed my UCAS ID on the pearsonvue website to rectify this. Is that what you did too?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
20.39%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.65%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
16.5%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
22.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
22.33%

Watched Threads