Apply for job - Annoyed boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
At the moment, I work as a waitress, the pay is ok and so are the hours, I just want more work! So I am looking for a new job and my friend used to work in a crèche in a gym which is apparently really short staffed. My boyfriend had wanted to apply at the same place before he got a job at the same place as me (waitressing), but I disliked the fact he’d be working at the gym in the same place as a girl he has cheated on me with before. (Ages ago, we’re all over it now and this girl has left the gym just recently) So when I told him I might be applying for the job, he got face on with me, saying things like “why are the rules different for you” etc.
When he’d told me that he didn’t want me working at the same place as my ex! I thought it was fair, me not working with my ex and him not working with her. I am absolutely fuming and really upset as I really want this job but my boyfriend is getting uptight about it! Aaargh! Plus, I want to study children’s nursing at university, so I’d be getting all the work experience etc.
I know people will tell me to leave him because he’s cheated etc, but I have too and we’ve been together 2 years and he’s taking me on holiday soon..
What do I do? How can I compromise?
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least wait until after the holiday. Jeez, you wouldnt want to risk missing a holiday
jevans90
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
lol Ive been with my bf for 2 years and he has cheated too. I say give them one chance and one chance only. Thats your personal choice really. I can understand though both ur points of view, it is difficult to trust when you've been cheated on, and if you have cheated. You need to talk to each other about trust really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed