The Student Room Group

3 A levels in less than a year help??!!

Okay, so i am currently taking Law, Biology and Psychology. Due to personal reasons i was not able to complete the AS year but i have learnt around half of the spec in Biology only. I really want to go to university this year and the course i want requires CCC or CCD and most unis that im looking at. Do you think its doable to do the full 2 year course and do exams in may/june, and has anyone had any experience in fast tracking any of these Alevels. I am super super motivated and willing to put it all the hours in order to get to uni this year. Tia!
Reply 1
I feel like that really depends on you. It's possible to do but personally I don't think that it's very practical. Sure you could end up with the sufficient grades for the course you want to do but it could be at the cost of not performing as best as you could have from giving yourself the additional year.

You still have quite a bit of time till the exams and i'm pretty sure you can cover the content by then. Be organised and maybe make content lists off the specification. It's important to not burn out though, make sure you make a sustainable and attainable schedule. :smile:
Reply 2
I’m trying to do two in one year!
Im doing bio in one year, being a resit student who did chem, maths and physics and got C for GCSE biology.
Original post by SilentStudy
Okay, so i am currently taking Law, Biology and Psychology. Due to personal reasons i was not able to complete the AS year but i have learnt around half of the spec in Biology only. I really want to go to university this year and the course i want requires CCC or CCD and most unis that im looking at. Do you think its doable to do the full 2 year course and do exams in may/june, and has anyone had any experience in fast tracking any of these Alevels. I am super super motivated and willing to put it all the hours in order to get to uni this year. Tia!

The record is 22. I think if I were wiser I would say get the best A levels you can and if it too a year extra then that isnt a big deal in the scheme of things and would be better long term. Remind yourself of what I said in ten years.
Don't rush it, retake the year if you have to. There is nothing to lose by taking your time and getting good grades.

lmao it´s doable don´t worry, i know people who learned the whole of the A level spec weeks before exams even started. Just keep revising consistently and do as many practice qs as you can!
Reply 7
Original post by satsun
I’m trying to do two in one year!

Which subjects are you doing? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by mstevens01
Don't rush it, retake the year if you have to. There is nothing to lose by taking your time and getting good grades.

I could take the year extra if needed to but I really don’t want to :/ unless I try to do them and fail then I have no other choice
Reply 9
Which subjects are you doing? :smile:

I’m doing Maths and Politics, hbu?
Reply 10
I'd take the extra year if i were you... With that kind of workload, the slightest distraction or mental lapse off could crash the train. Do not think you have to rush it, many people go to university for the first time long after theyr 25.
Imo take the extra time to make sure you smash the exams instead of potentially failing (and having a super stressful year).
I’m doing AS further maths, rest of year 2 law and maths and full a level psychology this year. It’s by no means the same thing but I really think you’ll be fine!

I also did full a level sociology last year in year 12. If you’re aiming for Cs and Bs though, I do believe you’ll be okay.
(edited 4 years ago)

Do you want to do psychology?

Quick Reply

Latest