What can I do after my dream girl rejected me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It has almost been two years since the most beautiful girl in this world rejected me. We were close friends from primary to secondary school. We chilled together at the park every week and talked to each other till the night stopped us. Her smile, hair, face and happiness filled the gap I had in my life. As cliche as this may sound, she completed me - she was like my other half.

At the end of our GCSE exams, I got the courage to ask her out for some coffee but I got a firm 'no' following a somewhat polite 'sorry'. I thought about why she rejected me for many months until I tried to detach myself from her - I deleted our conversations and unfollowed her on all the social media platforms we were on. I tried to forget her but she kept on appearing in my mind. No matter how much I tried, I could not forget her; she was one of my closest friends.

For the past two years, in the hope to win her back, I changed my whole look. I started going to the gym five times a week, transformed my clothing and hair style. I have done many more things to change myself just for her.

Only a few months ago, I began talking to her again but, she quickly started to ignore my messages...

Should I still try and make a relationship with her or move on? If you chose the latter, how can I move on?
Shlebzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anonymous, I personally think you should move on. I have a couple of reasons
1) you shouldn't feel like you have to change yourself for her.
2) if she is ignoring your messages, then...
3) it seems to me that if you carry on pursuing her and wanting to make a relationship, then you'll only end up hurting yourself.

As for how to move on, I do not know. If it was me, I would tell myself that no one is worth changing drastically for. Try hanging out with others, having fun, just be you. If it happens and she starts talking, then it happens...

Wish the best of luck to you, mate! Many people go through the exact same thing, and I am sure others will have good advice too!
xx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It has almost been two years since the most beautiful girl in this world rejected me. We were close friends from primary to secondary school. We chilled together at the park every week and talked to each other till the night stopped us. Her smile, hair, face and happiness filled the gap I had in my life. As cliche as this may sound, she completed me - she was like my other half.

At the end of our GCSE exams, I got the courage to ask her out for some coffee but I got a firm 'no' following a somewhat polite 'sorry'. I thought about why she rejected me for many months until I tried to detach myself from her - I deleted our conversations and unfollowed her on all the social media platforms we were on. I tried to forget her but she kept on appearing in my mind. No matter how much I tried, I could not forget her; she was one of my closest friends.

For the past two years, in the hope to win her back, I changed my whole look. I started going to the gym five times a week, transformed my clothing and hair style. I have done many more things to change myself just for her.

Only a few months ago, I began talking to her again but, she quickly started to ignore my messages...

Should I still try and make a relationship with her or move on? If you chose the latter, how can I move on?
You are infatuated and she inst interested.
Get good grades, get decent A levels, go to uni. Find some hobbies and you might find another gf.
Seems to me she knew instantly you wanted more and she didnt wasnt interested.
dasaddsaasdad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I think that every move you make is up to you. If you want i think you should continuing being friends and just not in a relationship
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You have to move on as she will (probably) never like you in that way. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.If she had any feelings she would be responding or would instigate if you stopped. She probably isn’t responding so as not to hurt you!We can’t be attracted to everyone and I know from experience that it will hurt like hell but you have to move on with your life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)