Shlebzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Trying to gauge what each thing is like to study at university. Any opinions/ personal experiences or reasons for or against studying these at uni?

Thanks!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shlebzy)
Trying to gauge what each thing is like to study at university. Any opinions/ personal experiences or reasons for or against studying these at uni?

Thanks!
Why do you want to study Medicine?

Why do you want to study Pharmacy?

They are different and one is not the backup for the other. Have you done any work experience?
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i was in the same position but everyone told me not to do pharmacy coz it’s hard to get a job
Shlebzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Why do you want to study Medicine?

Why do you want to study Pharmacy?

They are different and one is not the backup for the other. Have you done any work experience?
I haven't done any work experience as I am in year 11 (its early I know but I don't like not knowing stuff)

I want to study medicine as I really want to help people and I find it interesting, especially genetics, but my family say it is too hard for me to do
My family want me to study pharmacy as a back up but apparently it is boring.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are some people who believe that pharmacists are glorified shopkeepers... And, Medicine is incredibly tough and takes a lot of time and effort.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shlebzy)
...My family want me to study pharmacy as a back up but apparently it is boring.
Well Pharmacy is not a backup for Medicine - it is a completely different career!

Physicians Associate (https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...cian-associate), on the other hand, can be. PA have a very similar role to junior doctors and the starting pay is higher than FY1s. However, only UCLan offer an undergraduate PA course. https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/mpas...te-studies.php

I think you'll need to do some work experience first. Have you considered starting genetics proper at Uni?

One more thing, don't do what your family wants you to do; do what you want to do. It's your life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (27)
20.77%
Unconditional if firmed (7)
5.38%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.77%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (2)
1.54%
No unconditional offers (93)
71.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed