Mantas.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I'm not really sure what I want to do in the future, but I am in year 11 right now and need to choose what i want to do for a-levels D:

I've been looking into courses and found these 3 interesting: Geography, Economics and Psychology. Are they ok? Do they not suit each other?

Thanks
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Geography and psychology suit each other in my opinion
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sociology & Psychology may be a good fit because they have topics which are literally the same and are intertwined.

The ones you selected are completely fine and will get you into University without a problem but I'd delve deeper if you want your subjects to suit one another.
Mantas.
Rep:
?
hmmm, thanks for the replies, should i think about switching economics to something else then?
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mantas.)
hmmm, thanks for the replies, should i think about switching economics to something else then?
Economics is a good subject but I've heard it may be slightly content heavy so you'd need to give it a lot of time and Psychology definitely is too (not to say they're not manageable).

It's up to you but I'd look into Sociology too because that complements Psychology and maybe Geography too so it could be a better fit for you. Besides, I found Sociology extremely interesting and it does have one of the highest pass rates for an A-Level. Your decision is of course up to you though. x
Workangel_24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mantas.)
Hello, I'm not really sure what I want to do in the future, but I am in year 11 right now and need to choose what i want to do for a-levels D:

I've been looking into courses and found these 3 interesting: Geography, Economics and Psychology. Are they ok? Do they not suit each other?

Thanks
The above subjects are good indeed. Economics and Psychology would be a good match as they both look at humans from different perspectives. Psychology and sociology really complements each other since they have similar ideas/topics such as research methods which has a higher weighting in terms of marks especially for psychology.

Sociology would also go with Economics because changes in society can be influenced by economic factors.

The decision is completely up to you. Hope you make a good choice. Even if you have finalised your choices and when you start yr 12 if you feel like you're not enjoying your subject you can speak to your head of yr/subject teachers to change to another subject.
kalons
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is nothing wrong with those choices however if you don't know what you want to do my best advice is to study at least two 'facilitating subjects' which generally keep your future options open. These include maths, literature, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, history, and modern languages.

Of course no one is saying you must study these -- it's just helpful for some. Good luck.
Mantas.
Rep:
?
Thank you, everybody!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (44)
36.36%
No (63)
52.07%
I don't know (14)
11.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise