My first GYG blog post: A-Level experience so far Watch

EviewWard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I decided to join the Grow Your Grades blog competition as it seems like a good opportunity to help myself study. For my first post as its the end of the first half term for me I thought I'd do a quick post on how my sixth form experience is going so far.

It's been a pretty tiring yet interesting experience. The lessons have been a lot more content filled unlike my GCSE years, but I've enjoyed learning about stuff that I actually care about. The subjects I take are History, Philosophy & Ethics and Politics. I love all of them, but Politics is pretty hard so that one is the one that has made me particularly tired. I found out how I was doing in my end of half term report, and I have not been doing as I well as I would like to be, but its only the first half term and I have so much time to improve. I have also found sixth form to be an amazing chance to get to know people who I never actually spoke to before which is great and has resulted in a larger friend group. Overall, I have loved the first half term, but I know I need to improve and work even harder to get the grades I want at the end of year 13.

Attached to this post is a short (because I haven't had quite enough time to collect many ideas yet) thing about how I want my grades improve over the next half term, and a few tips on how I plan to do this, along with my new mantra for the half term. I hope these can help anyone who needs help out.

Let me know how your experience is going, whether you just started A-Levels or are on your second year.

- Evie
Attached files
AelinGalanythius
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just started. studying chemistry biology maths and psychology. I did 2 tests for bio and chem, 1 for maths,3 for psychology. I got a D and an E in chemistry and then 52% on maths (no grade). I haven't had the others back. feeling very deflated. I'm looking to get all As and I'm worried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
18.28%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.53%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.08%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (4)
2.15%
No unconditional offers (132)
70.97%

Watched Threads