Writing a letter to a university Watch

Alice_G
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi all,
I am writing a letter to a university and would very much like to know if it all makes sense, particularly the second paragraph.

"Dear Andy,
I am writing to firstly inform you that I am unable to obtain replacement certificates or certifying statements of results as I have declined the results. You will therefore have to wait until my results are re-cashed in this summer.
With further regards to re-cashing in, all three of my original A-level results are going to be brought forward, but my original 2006 Edexcel French result is now invalid as I re-sat the subject with a different exam board (OCR) in 2007, at a different centre and have accepted the grade, even though it did not improve from a C. This information is on my Ucas form and I have a certificate for it, a photocopy of which can be sent if necessary.
I have also spoken to Ucas about changing my application regarding discontinuing the re-sits of Sociology and Drama and they have said that this information has to be left as it is, to ascertain that my re-cashed in results are forwarded to you."

But to be honest, if the information that I have mentioned is on my ucas form, do I really need to still tell the university directly?

Regards,

Alice_G
-Aimee-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ i have no idea about A Level, but perhaps you should put your UCAS number on the letter and the name & code of the course you applied for?

Anyway it doesn't hurt writing to them, they will notice that you're taking this seriously, are keen blabla will like you for enthusiasm etc etc good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads