The Student Room Group

Sixth form

Hi im about 2 months into alevels and i went from going to a normal public school, to the sixth form at a grammar school. While it has great facilities, i despise the teaching and feel the general atmosphere has had a negative affect on my mental health. Its an amazing school but i feel its too restrictive. Idk tbh i want to change to a different sixth form that i feel better suits me as a student/ learner but im scared as my parents and others keep telling me that its best to slog my way throught he next 2 years as its a grammar school, how will this affect my chances at getting into a good university, the grammar school also does offer many more oppurtunities and i feel guilty that my parents hace put so much into it to get me this far into the sixth form. Pls advise.
(edited 4 years ago)
You should complete the year at least . It's probably too late to enrol in another school now.
Reply 2
Original post by quirky editor
You should complete the year at least . It's probably too late to enrol in another school now.

I have actually got the option to go to another sixth form im just unsure as it isnt as respected a s the grammar but may be better for me.
I would go to another school where you're happier. It's no good going to a school with a good reputation if you're not happy there. You'll do much better at A-levels if you're happier, and two years is actually a pretty long time. I think if you go to another school which is capable of teaching you, you'll be more likely to get good grades if you're happier there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending