Want more information about this university?
elainexp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys,

I"m an incoming international student from California who's studying politics and is going to begin attending during the spring semester. While that's still some time away, I wanted to see if anyone had some advice for me; stuff you know, stuff you wish you knew when you first came? Things to avoid or not do? Also if you just want to say hello, that's totally fine, I'd love to make some new friends! Thanks again and I appreciate any advice you have!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elainexp)
Hello guys,

I"m an incoming international student from California who's studying politics and is going to begin attending during the spring semester. While that's still some time away, I wanted to see if anyone had some advice for me; stuff you know, stuff you wish you knew when you first came? Things to avoid or not do? Also if you just want to say hello, that's totally fine, I'd love to make some new friends! Thanks again and I appreciate any advice you have!
Is it just one semester?
Do you have accommodation arranged through the uni?
Is it possible for you to speak to anyone from your uni who has done the same semester?
Bradford isnt London, so be prepared.

I would have a to do list of all the things you wish to do. Places to visit etc.
I would be saving money like mad to pay for your travel.
If you give me an idea what it is your ideal trip would cover, then I will make suggestions.

From what ive seen it doesnt last long so you need a to do list to get everything covered and booked or at least know how to get things booked as soon as you get there.
elainexp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is it just one semester?
Do you have accommodation arranged through the uni?
Is it possible for you to speak to anyone from your uni who has done the same semester?
Bradford isnt London, so be prepared.

I would have a to do list of all the things you wish to do. Places to visit etc.
I would be saving money like mad to pay for your travel.
If you give me an idea what it is your ideal trip would cover, then I will make suggestions.

From what ive seen it doesnt last long so you need a to do list to get everything covered and booked or at least know how to get things booked as soon as you get there.
Hi thanks for replying. Yes it would just be for one semester. I do have quite a bit of many saved up and I don't have accommodation arranged yet, I just know I'll be staying at the green. I guess I'd just like to be able to explore quite a but of England and maybe visit a few European countries aside from that if possible. I really like museums and things like that so it'd be cool to explore those types of things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads