Argh! Ebay! Watch

cherrybella1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone shares my annoyance with the feeback area of ebay!...
Ive only had an account on ebay for around 4/5 months and have already recieved two 'neutral' feedback ratings for items that Ive sold! Now fair enough if there was an actual reason i.e. late delivery/not as described etc.. but I havent done a single thing wrong! These two so far have actually lied about the items! The first one who I sold a brand new dress to that had genuinely never been worn decided not to leave feedback over a month and when she did she said there was 'spillage' marks on the dress and that it was creased round the bust area where a belt had been worn! I thoroughly check over all the items I sell so I wouldnt have to deal with getting bad feedback! Also, she never even sent me a message saying she was unsatisfied with the dress!
The second one is the same. Except it was a necklace. I put 3 pictures of this item up so the buyer had a full idea of what the necklace looked like etc, and still I get neutral feedback saying the item 'was not as described'! I dont understand its so odd! And as with the first one, they never tried to resolve the issue with me first!
I know you can add a comment underneath their feedback but theres simply not enough room to defend myself from their feedback!
Also, I find it soooo annoying that you cant leave buyers neutral/negative feedback! Is there no such thing as a bad buyer?!

Rant over
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
some people like to moan
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Dont they just.. it makes me want to slay
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The new thing about not leaving buyers bad feedback is annoying. Especially if they are slow to pay or don't pay at all...

Just say in your listing that "I check all items before sending and that if there is a problem please contact me directly before leaving feedback, as I will be more than happy to help you out"
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So I paid £11 to ebay for seller fees yesterday, yet it doesn't show up on ebay or Paypal that I've paid but the money's gone from my bank account. Very nice.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can leave buyers feedback?

or cant you now? mind i havent sold anything for over a year.

Ah feedbacks useless, i used to treasure my 100% positive, but i cant really be arsed anymore lol
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
(Original post by moneyballs2)
The new thing about not leaving buyers bad feedback is annoying. Especially if they are slow to pay or don't pay at all...

Just say in your listing that "I check all items before sending and that if there is a problem please contact me directly before leaving feedback, as I will be more than happy to help you out"
Exactly, you have to hassle them sometimes for payment and you arent allowed to issue them with neutral/negative feedback for it! Same goes for when a buyer gives you really uncalled for neutral feedback!
I do tend to do that with most of my listings as well as add in my rules for refunds only when an item is faulty or not as described. Yet still I get people buying things from me and then wanting refund because they've decided they dont like it anymore, which leads to me having to awkwardly say that I wont give them a refund!
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
(Original post by farhan)
So I paid £11 to ebay for seller fees yesterday, yet it doesn't show up on ebay or Paypal that I've paid but the money's gone from my bank account. Very nice.
I had the opposite problem a few weeks ago, they told me my paypal had been debited but it took a month from the date of the invoice for the money to actually go out of my account!
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
You can leave buyers feedback?

or cant you now? mind i havent sold anything for over a year.

Ah feedbacks useless, i used to treasure my 100% positive, but i cant really be arsed anymore lol
I was really proud of my 100% positive feedback until the last couple of weeks, it'll never be 100% now!
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cherrybella1)
Exactly, you have to hassle them sometimes for payment and you arent allowed to issue them with neutral/negative feedback for it! Same goes for when a buyer gives you really uncalled for neutral feedback!
I do tend to do that with most of my listings as well as add in my rules for refunds only when an item is faulty or not as described. Yet still I get people buying things from me and then wanting refund because they've decided they dont like it anymore, which leads to me having to awkwardly say that I wont give them a refund!
If you get anymore reply to the feedback with a reason for whatever the problem was? Or have eBay stopped allowed this as well?? Or appeal against them, saying how the item is clearly described as new, and therefore the belt marks are impossible. Just don't take no for an answer.

eBay are making it easier for buyers and not sellers. Despite the fact eBay make the money from HIGH commisions of sellers. They took like £100 in fees when I sold around £800 of goods. I was livid, but it was paypal fees as well and listing fees and commision of a high percent for the first £50 and then another high percent there after. The problem with eBay is that they don't have much competition and therefore they can call the shots.
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cherrybella1)
I had the opposite problem a few weeks ago, they told me my paypal had been debited but it took a month from the date of the invoice for the money to actually go out of my account!
Do you mean your seller fees account thing was in credit, so you transferred that money to your Paypal?
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah theyre a Monopoly, in a Monopolistic market, (first time ive ever used anything i learnt from economics)
n_251
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yh, "back in the day", a seller left me a neutral comment saying; "P&P is included in the delivery price", which is fair enough but I hadn't complained about P&P and had paid it in full, so I was a bit bemused to say the least :confused:
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
(Original post by farhan)
Do you mean your seller fees account thing was in credit, so you transferred that money to your Paypal?
No, according to ebay my paypal should have been charged between the 17th and 23rd (I think, it was a few weeks ago now). But the money didnt actually go out until 3/4 weeks later!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads