The Student Room Group

When does a girls face really start to change?

Hi Im 15 and I'm going to be turning 16 in a month's time and I started my period at the age of 11 and its been nearly 5 years and I feel like I still look ugly with a young face well I an 174 cm and because of that I look like I'm older but i don't feel like I have that beautiful adult looking face like nearly all the girls in my class :frown: is this how I'm going to look like for the rest of my life? My nsoe is also quite big and by big I mean it looks quite fat... I Really wish I was beautiful :frown:
Reply 1
Bump
Yea you're stuck with that face get used to it
Your face doesn't change considerably with puberty, but you should try to be comfortable with who you are.
Im 17 and my face seemed to change a lot around when I was 16 and I started to look older. Don't worry because if you look young you won't look young forever. How many 30 year olds do you see that look 15? And compared to when I was 15 I am way less self conscious about my appearance and don't worry as much. I think it will be the same with you.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Your face doesn't change considerably with puberty, but you should try to be comfortable with who you are.

But how can I end up being happy then I can't date in the future or make good friends...
Reply 6
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch
Im 17 and my face seemed to change a lot around when I was 16 and I started to look older. Don't worry because if you look young you won't look young forever. How many 30 year olds do you see that look 15? And compared to when I was 15 I am way less self conscious about my appearance and don't worry as much. I think it will be the same with you.

But theyre all so beautiful their faces And everything
Reply 7
Hi Im 15 and I'm going to be turning 16 in a month's time and I started my period at the age of 11 and its been nearly 5 years and I feel like I still look ugly with a young face well I an 174 cm and because of that I look like I'm older but i don't feel like I have that beautiful adult looking face like nearly all the girls in my class :frown: is this how I'm going to look like for the rest of my life? My nsoe is also quite big and by big I mean it looks quite fat... I Really wish I was beautiful :frown:

never. your features won't just magically change at your age.
Reply 8
Original post by Ciel.
never. your features won't just magically change at your age.

What do you mean by that 'never'
Reply 9
The only thing I'm happy about is my body because I'm skinny and 174 cm
Reply 10
What do you mean by that 'never'

well, your facial structure is not going to miraculously change with age, what do you expect? your jaw, cheekbones, your nose, they'll all remain the same. sure, your face can get less chubby if you lose wight, or less plump once you get older, but that's it.
no !! never ever say that about yourself, you dont need to go by society's standard of beauty! your face will change trust me, my sister has changed a lot and she looks unrecognisable to how she looked at 15. all you need to do is take care of yourself, have good skin care, just do everything to help you. and most importantly LOVE YOURSELF. you cannot begin to change the way you look or work on it if you dont love yourself to begin with. you're going to be stuck in your body forever, so you have to love the way you look. i know its hard at times, trust me i understand because thats how i feel as well, but you have to understand that everyone is unique and we will all look different, we werent made to look the same. you're beautiful.
Original post by JAMAISH0PE
no !! never ever say that about yourself, you dont need to go by society's standard of beauty! your face will change trust me, my sister has changed a lot and she looks unrecognisable to how she looked at 15. all you need to do is take care of yourself, have good skin care, just do everything to help you. and most importantly LOVE YOURSELF. you cannot begin to change the way you look or work on it if you dont love yourself to begin with. you're going to be stuck in your body forever, so you have to love the way you look. i know its hard at times, trust me i understand because thats how i feel as well, but you have to understand that everyone is unique and we will all look different, we werent made to look the same. you're beautiful.

I don't know i mean I want to be able to take selfies in the future and be happy.
I mean.. you're pretty much stuck with your facial structure, it doesn't change all that dramatically with puberty. Even when it does change, it's so gradual that you probably won't even notice it yourself.
Original post by MidgetFever
I mean.. you're pretty much stuck with your facial structure, it doesn't change all that dramatically with puberty. Even when it does change, it's so gradual that you probably won't even notice it yourself.

But how is it that everyone else around me look so beautiful
But how is it that everyone else around me look so beautiful

Right so.. Constantly comparing yourself to other people isn't going to help your mindset at all, it's probably pretty unhealthy to do so. Just remember that it's always so much easier to criticise yourself than it is other people. I'm sure you're not as bad as you say you are, and even if that is the case, beauty is subjective. What's beautiful to one person may be repulsive to another, and vice versa. Someone out there might be wishing to look like you.
But theyre all so beautiful their faces And everything

I'm sure they might say the same about you. Try not to worry about things you can't change. People develop and change at different rates. Some 15 year olds still look 13 whereas some look 25 but eventually you will start to look your age. Let me tell you, there's more to life than being beautiful. Beauty is overrated. As long as you look at fairly normal, you can live a happy life.

Quick Reply