The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Is there a chance of getting a twin room if you apply to Rootes/Sherbourne/Bluebell?

I was looking online at Warwick accomodation, and it seems that a few halls like Rootes, Bluebell and Sherbourne have twin rooms. Does this mean that if you apply to these halls there's a chance of getting a twin room and having to share it?
You can say that you don't want to have a shared room. Or that you don't mind, or specifically want one. This will be on the application you fill out after you've received an offer. (deadline is like July so you have ages)

I don't think there's many in Rootes anyway. There are no shared rooms in my flat (I think there technically is but the resident tutor lives in it) and I think there's one in the next flat.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
You can say that you don't want to have a shared room. Or that you don't mind, or specifically want one. This will be on the application you fill out after you've received an offer. (deadline is like July so you have ages)

I don't think there's many in Rootes anyway. There are no shared rooms in my flat (I think there technically is but the resident tutor lives in it) and I think there's one in the next flat.

Thanks for the reply! That's a relief as I would really hate to share a room. I know it's really early to be thinking about accomodation, but I just went to an open day and I'm trying to think which accomodations I like while they're fresh in my head, lol.

I read that you can request to share a room with a certain person, do you (or anyone else) know anything about the chances of doing this and getting put with a stranger?
Original post by Ennel
Thanks for the reply! That's a relief as I would really hate to share a room. I know it's really early to be thinking about accomodation, but I just went to an open day and I'm trying to think which accomodations I like while they're fresh in my head, lol.

I read that you can request to share a room with a certain person, do you (or anyone else) know anything about the chances of doing this and getting put with a stranger?

Fair enough. Bear in mind that seemingly very few people got their top choice of accomodation. I know of some people who were looking to get en suites who got their 6th choice which was not en suite. Rootes was my third choice but I mainly picked at random based off price. So it's good to have a few accomodations you would like to stay in as opposed to setting your heart on one in particular. There is opportunity to move later on, however, but I don't know the process.

Yes, there is opportunity to mention that on your application and they will try to allocate you together but I don't think there's any guarantee, you could be matched with a stranger still.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
Fair enough. Bear in mind that seemingly very few people got their top choice of accomodation. I know of some people who were looking to get en suites who got their 6th choice which was not en suite. Rootes was my third choice but I mainly picked at random based off price. So it's good to have a few accomodations you would like to stay in as opposed to setting your heart on one in particular. There is opportunity to move later on, however, but I don't know the process.

Yes, there is opportunity to mention that on your application and they will try to allocate you together but I don't think there's any guarantee, you could be matched with a stranger still.

This really helped, thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest