hannahw1066
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, basically, I started my second year on an adult nursing course about a month ago and I'm really not enjoying it. I find the work boring and the thought of going back to placement makes me feel sick, I also have no intentions of becoming a nurse afterwards. I tried to change courses but (obviously) got told it was too late. I am struggling to decide whether or not to drop out and re-apply for next year, or to just stick it out. My main issue is that I don't want to leave my housemates as I am good friends with most of them. I'm completely stuck on what to do.
Last edited by hannahw1066; 4 weeks ago
username4992338
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d stick it out so it isn’t a waste of the time and work you’ve done, then at least you have a degree, whether you use it or not. Then reapply for something else after, since money isn’t an issue.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahw1066)
So, basically, I started my second year on an adult nursing course about a month ago and I'm really not enjoying it. I find the work boring and the thought of going back to placement makes me feel sick, I also have no intentions of becoming a nurse afterwards. I tried to change courses but (obviously) got told it was too late. I am struggling to decide whether or not to drop out and re-apply for next year, or to just stick it out. My main issue is that I don't want to leave my housemates as I am good friends with most of them. I'm completely stuck on what to do.
You don't have to live with people to be friends with them. If you aren't enjoying it then you are likely not to get good marks either, so it might be worth getting out now. Any allied health course is very demanding, doubly or more so if your heart isn't in it. The main issue you'll have is that you won't get funded for your first year of your new course, so you'll have to self-fund that year (Student Finance offers funding for the length of your course + 1 gift year).
Jords2011
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahw1066)
Stick it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads