Leicester uni - a few questions.... Watch

zoea
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Im going to leicester uni is sept to study communcations, media and society. I have a few questions.....

1. I'll be living at home during the course, how do I get involved with the freshers fortnight etc without just turning up to nights out alone?
2. Any tips on where to park for free?
3. Uni starts on sept 29th, will there be anything prior to this date?
4. When do we get our timetables as I need to let my workplace know? Also, when will we receive further details on starting etc?
5. Anyone else studied the same subject that has any tips or advice?

Thanks,
Zoe
Withoutadoubt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zoea)
Im going to leicester uni is sept to study communcations, media and society. I have a few questions.....

1. I'll be living at home during the course, how do I get involved with the freshers fortnight etc without just turning up to nights out alone?
Either use your knowledge of media, society & comms to give off the vibe you haven't arrived alone or kidnap somebody.
zoea
lol il keep that in mind!
tucker672
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My history teacher went to leicester :p:
Withoutadoubt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zoea)
lol il keep that in mind!
I nominate tucker672.
milly.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing yuor course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me if you wana talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the hjideous over-use of exclamation marks; I'm ever so slightyl pissed.
zoea
Iv sent you one!
~NC~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zoea)

2. Any tips on where to park for free?
3. Uni starts on sept 29th, will there be anything prior to this date?
4. When do we get our timetables as I need to let my workplace know? Also, when will we receive further details on starting etc?
5. Anyone else studied the same subject that has any tips or advice?

Thanks,
Zoe
Hiya
1)One of my best friends at uni commutes from Corby! So very close to you! I don't think she got that involved in freshers week however once she met people on her course ie me and some other of our friends she was out quite often. She stayed at mine. I guess with freshers week you could always turn up the welcome party and just kinda talk to people... if you don't feel comfortable doing that wait till youve had your first lecture and speak to people! Tell them you are commuting but would like to experience nights out! Thats what my friend did and she comes out with me all the time he he! She either stays at mine if she drinks or drives home after.
2)THere are a few spaces on uni road however these generally go quite quickly. However my flatmate parks at a local pubs carpark... the dry dock. Its a short walk from uni and she parks there for free. If not there is a carpark a 2 min walk from uni but you do have to pay. I think its £3/4 for the entire day.
3) there shouldn't be anything prior to this. Probably a few events. I know everyone moves into halls of residence on the 28th, so im guessing nothing happens before the 29th! All we are doing in GMS halls is getting everyone to the bar for the evening.
4) I got my timetable during the first week of uni, but it is probably different for each department. As for any other info your department may or may not send it to you through the post before you start. I didn't get any but it will differ between departments.
5) As for this i haven't so i guess i can't help here he he!!

I hope that all helped Any more questions fire away!
ruki
Report 10 years ago
hi there, i'll be studying media.communication n society dis sept2008. plz say hi !!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed