hi Watch

ecufgb
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi
plagaan
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Audit at regional office to IB sounds tough.

Being amongst the best performers at a good big 4 TS/CF department in london + networking well could put you in a good position.
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
am i right in assuming that you are talking about graduate employment?

if yes, then no. audit in a regional office will give you not much 'oomph' when it come to applying to IB, although it certainly won't hurt you as it'll provide you with financial experiece of regulatory nature. A good way for you to utilise your experience in audit would be to apply to risk management, which is MO, and then try to move on from there.

Although, having said that, I know people who've managed to secure FO gradute jobs without any financial exprerience. but it wasn't in BBs.
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For M&A front-office roles in banking, the ACA provides solid technical grounding in financial accounting, financial statement analysis and tax - all these would come in very useful in working on M&A transactions. As regards your question, to be frank, given the large number intending to do the same, you will not be at the top of the pile with audit experience in a regional office.

Via the accounting route, to stand a chance you need first-time ACA passes, a degree from a top uni, and transactions experience. You also need to be working in London.

A place on transactions in a Big 4 firm would put you in good stead to compete for a front-office role.
The Dark Side
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try and get a transfer to London, at least after some time. Maybe some work experience and promotion in London + more networking might help.
love2learn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by plagaan)
Audit at regional office to IB sounds tough.

Being amongst the best performers at a good big 4 TS/CF department in london + networking well could put you in a good position.
They've cut recruitment this year already though in some of the Big 4 London Offices in these areas. It's unclear at the moment whether this will be followed with similar cuts for the next intake. So it might be best aiming at Audit in London. If you did it from a regional office, it would probably have to be regional to London to IB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise