Anonymous1348
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone, now that I've gotten my grade and I no longer take English I thought giving advice to people would be a good way to not waste the grade. I did Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and A Taste of Honey. Please feel free to ask any questions (no questions are stupid!)
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi that is AMAZING well done x what are your next steps into studying in the future if u don’t mind me asking x
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabah1_xx)
Hi that is AMAZING well done x what are your next steps into studying in the future if u don’t mind me asking x
Thank you so much!! I was fortunate enough to be able to study what I want so I'm currently taking Bio, Chem and History at A Level!
blfully
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thats amazing! I'm in yr11 currently and I'm going to be doing Macbeth. Any tips and how long before the exam did you revise? Thank you
Last edited by blfully; 5 months ago
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am studying A level history to xx how are you finding it ?
Esingh_2015
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous1348)
Hi everyone, now that I've gotten my grade and I no longer take English I thought giving advice to people would be a good way to not waste the grade. I did Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and A Taste of Honey. Please feel free to ask any questions (no questions are stupid!)
Hi, i just wanted to ask if you can please tell me the questions that came up in your exam of literature paper 1 "Macbeth & jekyll and Hyde" If you still remember it, thank you!
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you so much!! I was fortunate enough to be able to study what I want so I'm currently taking Bio, Chem and History at A Level!
What topics are you studying ?
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by blfully)
Thats amazing! I'm in yr11 currently and I'm going to be doing Macbeth. Any tips and how long before the exam did you revise? Thank you
Thank you so much! Macbeth is honestly such a good text to study because there is so much to talk about (technique wise.) I would suggest to read the whole text without making any annotations. Then try and understand the plot because that is vital when talking about character/setting/plot changes in your essay. Yes knowing many techniques is 'impressive' but using simple techniques but having a perceptive interpretation is so much better! Also, just read in your free time other books. I can honestly say revising English wasn't at the top of my priority list as I didn't really enjoy it or care about it but because I used to read a lot in my spare time my vocab really improved which I used in my essay's. This helps make your answers so much more clear and impressive as essentially you're able to explain things easily. I hope this helps! any other questions? about gcse english or just gcses?
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
I am studying A level history to xx how are you finding it ?
I'm actually finding it really interesting so far! I switched from Psychology to History at the start of the year but it was the best decision I made as I'm loving it. Although, I'm doing communism in China for one topic and communism in Russia for another so I get quite mixed up sometimes! what about you?
Anonymous.12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Any tips for revising Jekyll and Hyde. I find it really confusing and don’t get what’s going on. And I don’t even know the characters well.
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by Esingh_2015)
Hi, i just wanted to ask if you can please tell me the questions that came up in your exam of literature paper 1 "Macbeth & jekyll and Hyde" If you still remember it, thank you!
I honestly can't remember!! once I left those exams I LEFT them haha! I think the Macbeth one was on violence but I honestly think that's wrong. The Jekyll and Hyde one I have no idea at all. But my advice would be (if you are doing this if not then ignore but) don't try and find the questions that are coming up on your mock because then you won't have practice for the real one when you won't know the question till you open the exam paper!
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
What topics are you studying ?
I'm doing Lenin's Russia & Mao's China for Year 12 and British Parliamentary Reform for Year 13! wbu?
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Omg we are doing the exact same topics I’m studying Russia and China and it’s so interesting I love it to I hope that we can help each other in the future and can keep in touch xx if thas okay with you?
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm doing Lenin's Russia & Mao's China for Year 12 and British Parliamentary Reform for Year 13! wbu?
I am doing the exact sameeeeee x
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0114x)
Any tips for revising Jekyll and Hyde. I find it really confusing and don’t get what’s going on. And I don’t even know the characters well.
My whole class struggled with understanding the plot/the point of the novella so trust me you're not the only one! I would say try and summarise each chapter in your own words or ask your teacher to make them for you as it can help clarify confusing parts. Remember the way it is written is meant to be difficult so don't feel bad if you get confused. Try and make character summaries too as you can start to make links between them and the plot. Jekyll and Hyde takes time but once you understand it, it is a great feeling! you will start to make interpretations you didn't realise at the start of the year. Just don't give up on the text as it will become clearer! Any other q's?
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I can understand where you are coming from it can be quite confusing for me too x I am gald I can finally talk to someone doing the same history content as me xx
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
Omg we are doing the exact same topics I’m studying Russia and China and it’s so interesting I love it to I hope that we can help each other in the future and can keep in touch xx if thas okay with you?
Sure! just add to one of my threads and when I check the site I'll reply!!
Sabah1_xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don’t know how to be added to one of your threads just because I am new do u have any social media I can message you on x
Ineedtostudy4002
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, woah that's amazing! What cluster of poetry did you do? I'm struggling quite a bit with poetry at the moment I don't know where to start. Also do you still have any class essays of jekyll and hyde or macbeth that you did well in? It would help me alOTT to be able to see good answers, thank youu
Last edited by Ineedtostudy4002; 5 months ago
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ineedtostudy4002)
Hi, woah that's amazing! What cluster of poetry did you do? I'm struggling quite a bit with poetry at the moment I don't know where to start. Also do you still have any class essays of jekyll and hyde or macbeth that you did well in? It would help me alOTT to be able to see good answers, thank youu
Hi! Thank you so much! I did Power and Conflict, honestly I only learnt a few poems because if you learn poems that can be used in many themes then you don't need to know all. Also, is is better to know a few in depth rather than all but vaguely. Perhaps learn 3 (good) quotes from each poem, that way you have something to say about every poem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.09%
No (279)
71.91%

Watched Threads