my boobs really hurt :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(this is just anonymous because my brother uses this site and is always asking me about certain things I mentioned etc. so I wouldn't really like him to read something like this - if anon is an issue, please delete)

my boobs are just reeally sore It's quite bad, as even just lightly touching them hurts. They're quite large, so I really do need the support from bras, so when I take them off, it hurts soo much. Even when I go to put on a teeshirt to sleep in, it hurts when it goes over my boobs if it slightly touches.

I've never had any issues with this before, but I'm guessing it's maybe because I'm near my period? (I don't actually know if I am, I'm highly irregular, but it would make sense).

Any other people with this problem - how do you deal with it? I used to do things like take a warm bath, use a hot water bottle or ask someone to massage my back when I got cramps (which I was really unfortunate with, I got the rally bad) - what can I do about my boobs? It's been really sore for a couple of days now, and as silly as it sounds, it's really distacting! It's quite difficult to sleep, because it's a pretty constant pain.
MarchOfMephisto
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It might be but if it persists (as in a week) make sure you go to the doctor just to check everything is ok. You should go to see the doctor anyway if your in that much pain.
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are in constant pain and it is affecting you day to day go see a doctor.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're due to come on soon, it's just that. Mine were hurting loads lately

I don't think they're much you can do about it, just wear a comfy bra and try not to press up against them!
Anonymous #1
I don't think it's anything serious to worry about- I just seem to be really unlucky with period pains. My cramps got so bad, when they came I wouldn't be able to move, and there were a couple of times when I would just have to stop and lie on the floor... (luckily I was in quite quiet areas both times, so it wasn't too bad)

But it's ok - I've been lucky with other things, so it all evens out in the bigger picture!
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, it does sound like its likely to be period related. I think all girls get a bit of boob pain before they come on, I know I certainly do.
The best thing to do is probably grin and bear it for now and see if the pain goes after your next period.
If you continue to be in lots of pain then maybe it is best to go and see your GP as it shouldnt get in the way of day to day life.
misswilliams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't think it's anything serious to worry about- I just seem to be really unlucky with period pains. My cramps got so bad, when they came I wouldn't be able to move, and there were a couple of times when I would just have to stop and lie on the floor... (luckily I was in quite quiet areas both times, so it wasn't too bad)

But it's ok - I've been lucky with other things, so it all evens out in the bigger picture!
It probably isn't anything serious but you obviously have really pad period pains, maybe if you go see the doctor there may be something he could do to prevent this? Just a suggestion!

I know when I first started my periods I had REALLY bad period pain, my mother as all ready to take me to A&E one night because I was screaming and chucking up with the sheer amount of pain, but it seems to have subsided now.

Don't let it get the better of you, if you can do something to prevent it then try
Anonymous #1
yeh, it would make sense if it was that. I just wasn't 100% sure, as I've never had it before.

How do you guys deal with it? There are tonnes of tips passed around for dealing with cramps - but what about sore breasts? any suggestions?
pcok
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you wearing correctly fitting bras? I had this problem, but buying some new bras helped. For day-to-day wear, get really supportive ones. Infact Katie Price does a really good range and pretty cheap, and they've made mine feel a lot better.

Edit: This is based on the fact that the problem is due to you having large breasts rather than period pain.
The Hodge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take some Ibuprofen to reduce any swelling (usually around the time of the month they swell and become tender) and paracetamol for an extra kick. Take it regularly and see how you feel. I always find it's better when I take my bra off and massage them a bit.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Hodge)
I always find it's better when I take my bra off and massage them a bit.
Hell yeah!
Airel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry.

I can fix them

>:3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads