The Student Room Group

TV licensing letter about visiting?

I got a letter that claimed how I didn't call them when I received the first letter about being under investigation and now they've sent me another letter saying they're coming to visit my property. Point is I live in a private student accommodation and there's no way they would be able to come in and search for me amongst hundreds of student??? Do they even have the right to access my dorm?

Now I know this is probably just a threatening letter and all that, but what are the chances they really come and look for me? lol
(edited 4 years ago)
No idea, I've never seen anyone when they sent such a letter, but I've always filled in the online form before I received that letter (so it was just that it had already been posted).

It takes about 2 minutes seconds to confirm you don't require a TV license, or to buy one online, so it's fairly simple to rectify the matter.
Original post by artful_lounger
No idea, I've never seen anyone when they sent such a letter, but I've always filled in the online form before I received that letter (so it was just that it had already been posted).

It takes about 2 minutes seconds to confirm you don't require a TV license, or to buy one online, so it's fairly simple to rectify the matter.

That's what we like to call good old British 'pragmatism'. Always the best approach :smile:
They have no powers whatsoever and you do not have to legally let them in.

AskUK and LegalAdviceUK on Reddit has a lot of answers about this. Search on there and you'll find loads of advice.

Quick Reply

Latest