Depressed - was drunk on a night out got off with my best friends ex girlfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So basically i was super drunk on a night out, and my mate josh's ex ellie was there too.. i dont know how but somehow she came back to my flat.. so me and ellie made out and i touched her up.. and ive been feeling very guilty since. and depressed, i dont know i know she wouldnt say a thing cos she stopped talking to me and basically regretted it too.. but the thing is ive told my best friend from our group so only me and him know.. im feeling very depressed over this and dont know whether i should tell him or not. its been like 2 months now. and i can sense if he finds out he will go crazy and probably to a point where he will kill me.... helpppppp
Shik07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically i was super drunk on a night out, and my mate josh's ex ellie was there too.. i dont know how but somehow she came back to my flat.. so me and ellie made out and i touched her up.. and ive been feeling very guilty since. and depressed, i dont know i know she wouldnt say a thing cos she stopped talking to me and basically regretted it too.. but the thing is ive told my best friend from our group so only me and him know.. im feeling very depressed over this and dont know whether i should tell him or not. its been like 2 months now. and i can sense if he finds out he will go crazy and probably to a point where he will kill me.... helpppppp
You should tell him. If he’s really your best friend then he deserves to know the truth, the worst thing you can do is keep it from him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Shik07)
You should tell him. If he’s really your best friend then he deserves to know the truth, the worst thing you can do is keep it from him
i know what u mean.. but he found out she messaged me or was talking to me recently and he went super crazy to a point where he wanted to beat me up... so imagine what happens next? he'd wana kill me... :-/
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 4 weeks ago
so don't tell him. he wanted to beat you up? that's ridiculous. how long were they together that he has so much ownership of his ex?
Anonymous #1
It only lasted a few months

(Original post by Joleee)
so don't tell him. he wanted to beat you up? that's ridiculous. how long were they together that he has so much ownership of his ex?
Shik07
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i know what u mean.. but he found out she messaged me or was talking to me recently and he went super crazy to a point where he wanted to beat me up... so imagine what happens next? he'd wana kill me... :-/
Yeah I totally understand what you mean and if he behaves like that then he is acting very immature. But if you don’t tell him then you’re no more mature than what he is. The truth always finds away to come out eventually, the longer it’s left hidden the worse it is when it comes out. Ask if you can meet him in a public place, then he won’t be able to touch you! Just tell him you are sorry and just tell him how you are feeling about it all x
Anonymous #1
Yeah I totally understand what you mean and if he behaves like that then he is acting very immature. But if you don’t tell him then you’re no more mature than what he is. The truth always finds away to come out eventually, the longer it’s left hidden the worse it is when it comes out. Ask if you can meet him in a public place, then he won’t be able to touch you! Just tell him you are sorry and just tell him how you are feeling about it all x
I dont know the only way I believe if he was to find out would be through our best mate who I've told him to not to say a word considering how violent our mate is... and crazy... but it still bothers me at the back of my mind and I'm at a point where I'm so overly stressed over it.. cos I know if he finds out I have no choice and get dropped by the entire group of friends :-( and they're all my best mates cos I wouldn't be able to talk to the rest cos of him
Shik07
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I dont know the only way I believe if he was to find out would be through our best mate who I've told him to not to say a word considering how violent our mate is... and crazy... but it still bothers me at the back of my mind and I'm at a point where I'm so overly stressed over it.. cos I know if he finds out I have no choice and get dropped by the entire group of friends :-( and they're all my best mates cos I wouldn't be able to talk to the rest cos of him
How old are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How old are you?
pickup
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In what world would telling him make things better? Will it make you feel better? I doubt it. As you say he'll be angry and so will his gf and his other friends. As things stand he doesn't know and presumably his gf won't tell. ( Unless she gets drunk and angry .Leaving aside the wisdom or otherwise of her staying with him.)

If it's been 2 months it looks like your best friend won't tell either. You are relying on him having more sense than you, of course. That's not going to be difficult. ( He's probably forgotten all about it. ) Your mistake was telling him , of course. What possessed you? There's a golden rule. If you don't want anyone to know , don't tell any one.

Hopefully you've now learnt the above lesson. Whatever you do , don't start discussing all this with all and sundry. I do think you're blowing this out of all proportion. Stupid drunken people do stupid things.The cure is to moderate your drinking - otherwise you are going to do much worse things in the future- like drinking and driving and killing someone.

I'm glad it's been getting you down. Hopefully you will have learnt the lesson.

BTW it seems as though you need to be a bit more discriminating at your age in your choice of friends - violent and crazy???
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pickup)
In what world would telling him make things better? Will it make you feel better? I doubt it. As you say he'll be angry and so will his gf and his other friends. As things stand he doesn't know and presumably his gf won't tell. ( Unless she gets drunk and angry .Leaving aside the wisdom or otherwise of her staying with him.)

If it's been 2 months it looks like your best friend won't tell either. You are relying on him having more sense than you, of course. That's not going to be difficult. ( He's probably forgotten all about it. ) Your mistake was telling him , of course. What possessed you? There's a golden rule. If you don't want anyone to know , don't tell any one.

Hopefully you've now learnt the above lesson. Whatever you do , don't start discussing all this with all and sundry. I do think you're blowing this out of all proportion. Stupid drunken people do stupid things.The cure is to moderate your drinking - otherwise you are going to do much worse things in the future- like drinking and driving and killing someone.

I'm glad it's been getting you down. Hopefully you will have learnt the lesson.

BTW it seems as though you need to be a bit more discriminating at your age in your choice of friends - violent and crazy???
Thanks for your help man I feel a lot better, it is his ex girlfriend now and it's just that my best mate kept saying bro if I know he deserves to know too which made me paranoid
Shik07
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Look on the bright side you still have plenty of time to make new friends! And if that group of people decided not to talk to you anymore over one stupid mistake then were they ever really your true friends?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (202)
19.27%
Labour (444)
42.37%
Liberal Democrats (204)
19.47%
Green Party (54)
5.15%
Brexit Party (28)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.43%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.95%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)