cheating.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
This might be quite a read..

Basically it's about my best friend and her boyfriend. On halloween, my boyfriend saw her (lets call her Jane)'s bf kissing another girl. My boyfriend didn't tell me b/c he's also a great friend of Jane's and to be honest he didn't really think anything would happen as a result of this revelation. Eventually, I found out, through coaxing and also decided that this would hurt my best friend and that she wouldn't act on it. After a party one night, my bf made some reference to Jane's bf not 'being an angel either' and my other friend Sally (lol, classic names) also found out. I didn't like this but trusted her with this information and thought it would never get out (assuming also that this is over 7 months ago and is in the past.) Now Sally has gone and blabbed to Jane whilst they are on holiday and Jane's bf has text me asking what happened and blaming me
I don't know what to do. TBH, I think it's this guy's fault for being a cheat in the first place. I didn't know if I should have told my friend but at the time I found out was months after and they had just broken up and gotten back together. (I didn't want to break them up again!) Ultimatly, I love this girl, I want her to be happy, I don't know if what I did was right or wrong but Im soo worried shes gonna come back after holiday and resent me for what I know. argh and what a ****ty time to be told
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay that confused the hell out of me!

BUT, yes itis his fault for doing it in the first place. It really isn't your fault because you were keeping quiet for your friend's sake, and it wasn't you who told her. And also you were doing him a favour keeping quiet in the first place. Explain this to him, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

In my opinion, yes you should have told her and let her make up her own mind about it, but that's in the past now and it doesn't matter. If she does get huffy with you, just explain this to her and I doubt she'd stay mad at you for too long, you had her best interests at heart.
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You haven't done anything wrong and you are not to blame. Obviously that is a difficult situation and position to be in. Just make sure that your mate knows how much you care about her etc.

This guy (your mates bf) is just looking for somebody other than himself to blame.
Lehu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would be more heartbroken if I found out that my 'best' friend had kept something like this from me.
jevans90
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lehu)
I would be more heartbroken if I found out that my 'best' friend had kept something like this from me.
Fair point but I am her 'best' (thanks) friend and I found out months after it had happened and they had just got back together. I thought I was protecting her from a hurtful thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise