The Student Room Group

Thugs attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's children - again.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
2 people believe the attack was justified :confused:

Alas, even TSR has its own thug and troll elements.
Perhaps one of each? :tongue:
Original post by QE2
One of them being Mogg himself, I presume. Ends justify the means and all that.
Who is the other one?

Dunno. Lol

Original post by londonmyst

😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Wait, you’re actually telling me there’s a woman in this world who let Reese-Mogg bust a nut inside her?
Original post by Obolinda
2 people believe the attack was justified :confused:

It's a biased poll though, v emotive language, and i'm still a bit vague what the thuggish attack was? I don't really count being exposed to angry people.

As I said before, JRM made the choice to put his kid into that, could have easily avoided it. I'd be v surprised if the police protection team hadn't made even a token protest that this was a bad idea likely to provoke a reaction.
Original post by QE2
He wrote in the Times that his nanny "looks after my four children".
In a more recent interview in the Express, he said "“Nanny is still looking after the children, which is absolutely wonderful".

She’s probably a wonderful nanny. And it still doesn’t prove he plays no part in his children’s upbringing.
Its no different to children going to nursery or childminders or before and after school clubs whilst their parents are working.
Original post by StriderHort
It's a biased poll though, v emotive language, and i'm still a bit vague what the thuggish attack was? I don't really count being exposed to angry people.

As I said before, JRM made the choice to put his kid into that, could have easily avoided it. I'd be v surprised if the police protection team hadn't made even a token protest that this was a bad idea likely to provoke a reaction.

As I posted in another thread, his son had every right to walk unmolested. However if it had been my child, I would have had Nanny pick him up in the car. I wonder what Mrs Rees-Mogg thought about it? JRM placed a lot of confidence that the police would be able to protect him if things turned dangerously violent.
(edited 4 years ago)
This sort of abusive behaviour has no place in politics, on either side. It’s not helpful and contributes nothing to a positive discourse about finding solutions. That said, it was probably a mistake for him to take his kid out with him, given that this sort of thing was pretty likely to happen.
Original post by nulli tertius
As I posted in another thread, his son had every right to walk unmolested. However if it had been my child, I would have had Nanny pick him up in the car. I wonder what Mrs Rees-Mogg thought about it? JRM placed a lot of confidence that the police would be able to protect him if things turned dangerously violent.

Surely this was a stunt by Rees-Mogg? One co-ordinated with the right wing hacks? It would seem so, as they were fully on hand to capture the imagery.

R-M is a bit reckless endangering his young son deliberately like this in order to score public points. Perhaps social services should get involved now.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Surely this was a stunt by Rees-Mogg? One co-ordinated with the right wing hacks? It would seem so, as they were fully on hand to capture the imagery.

R-M is a bit reckless endangering his young son deliberately like this in order to score public points. Perhaps social services should get involved now.

Journalists and even a few of the thugs themselves recorded footage of the abuse yelled at the two Rees-Mogg's.
Same with the thugs that targeted Diane Abbott.

A parent with parental responsibility walking down the street in their home country with their 12 year old is hardly child endangerment.
Do you really believe that social services as well as the police need to be involved in providing security for MPs? :biggrin:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Wait, you’re actually telling me there’s a woman in this world who let Rees-Mogg bust a nut inside her?

It is only one woman, and he is married to her. Contrast that with the number of women who allegedly have had sex with Boris Johnson, and all bar one he had sex with when married to someone else.

The Rees-Mogg children should not be targeted, nor should anyone else's children, and so the abuse was unjustified.
Do you really believe that social services as well as the police need to be involved in providing security for MPs? :biggrin:

Not really, it was one of my attempted jokes (try not to laugh *too* hard) but I do think that, like a lot of things with him, it was stagey.
Original post by barnetlad
It is only one woman, and he is married to her. Contrast that with the number of women who allegedly have had sex with Boris Johnson, and all bar one he had sex with when married to someone else.

You're taking a light hearted joke too seriously.
Plantagenet Crown was just taking the mickey that JRM is indeed capable of attracting a woman.
Other people crack up similar joke about Arlene Foster and Cherie Booth.
Give it a rest. He knows exactly what he is doing and the children have no place being in a crowd of protesters. It is all staged for the publicity so the gullible can harp on about him and his poor kids. He just uses them for the publicity in these situations. They could easily stay away just as everyone else does. hes garnered the same headlines on at least three occasions.
Original post by 999tigger
Give it a rest. He knows exactly what he is doing and the children have no place being in a crowd of protesters. It is all staged for the publicity so the gullible can harp on about him and his poor kids. He just uses them for the publicity in these situations. They could easily stay away just as everyone else does. hes garnered the same headlines on at least three occasions.

He's a very ideological guy and would, I think, do almost anything to garner support for his mad schemes, such as destroying the UK economy in order to claim a 'pure' Brexit has been achieved. Against that, the odd incoming egg or insult aimed at his family would seem a small price to pay.

I wonder how his son will feel about this looking back in 20 years?
Original post by Drewski
He's repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't deal with his children, that he leaves that to their nanny.

The only reason he's out with his children is to try and avoid the barracking that he knows he'd get otherwise.

Should his kids be subjected to that? No.
Should he be a better parent? Yes

That sounds like victim blaming too me.

It's like the old

She should not have of walked out in the street in a short skirt, she knows she looks hot and should try avoid the barracking that she knows she'd get unless she covered up!

Stop blaming the victim

Edit

Original post by 999tigger

Original post by Fullofsurprises

Adding you two in this post, victim blaming is not defence.
(edited 4 years ago)

Please rep someone else.

Was just going to type my disgust in reading that and the two that dont know if its acceptable to attack children
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Sadly, "protesters" often do not hesitate to target the innocent in their "righteous" fury.

Not that Mogg isn't a Nazi - he is - but his children should be left out of it.

We will need to come up with a new name for the actual nazis at this rate

Original post by QE2
Indeed, but I have a suspicion it way have been more along the lines of...
"Alphege, my dear boy. Those are poor people. Aren't they frightful?"

Aww the poor people helping you score you're poltical points again? Wont be long before you call them idoits,xenophobic, racist etc.
Original post by JanusGodofDoors
This sort of abusive behaviour has no place in politics, on either side. It’s not helpful and contributes nothing to a positive discourse about finding solutions. That said, it was probably a mistake for him to take his kid out with him, given that this sort of thing was pretty likely to happen.

Agreed another reason we must get Brexit started and start uniting our country again.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Wait, you’re actually telling me there’s a woman in this world who let Reese-Mogg bust a nut inside her?

:rofl: Just shows anyone can pull.

I wonder what his chat up line was :rofl3:
Original post by QE2
Oh, boo hoo. Mogg deliberately walked his child out into an anti-Brexit protest specifically to get that kind of reaction. It is a terrible shame for the child, but his father is just as responsible as the people shouting insults at him (at Mogg, not his child). Mogg should be ashamed for not only exposing his child to that purely for political gain, but also for dressing him up like that. Shame!

But then as a devout Catholic, Mogg would readily kill his own child if he thought god had told him to do it, so exposing him to a few shouted insults is mere child's play.

such ignorance and bitterness about the True Church

smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending