Mother fudge'in windows Watch

leeming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
After trying to move a folder from 1 partition to another (same harddisk, but i was using a dif computer to move them, so basically network drive to network drive), windows gives me this prompt... "Do you want to move or copy?" with the options been "Yes / No"

I thought what ever, and clicked yes. After realising my network was slow, i looked at up/down speeds and saw that it was pulling the content to this pc, then back to the original one. And because this was a large folder, i clicked cancel, and went to move it physically on the same computer... only to find out the cancel on windows deleted all existence of the folder :mad:
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
windows can be a ***** for that sort of stuff..

my music HDD keeps randomly corrupting itself, then chkdsk gets itself into a loop, and wont find anything corrupted, then after a few tries will, then will delete everything..

ive learnt not to chkdsk corrupted files now, just leave em be if they arent hurting lol
leeming
Rep:
?
(Original post by ViolatedTreason)
windows can be a ***** for that sort of stuff..

my music HDD keeps randomly corrupting itself, then chkdsk gets itself into a loop, and wont find anything corrupted, then after a few tries will, then will delete everything..

ive learnt not to chkdsk corrupted files now, just leave em be if they arent hurting lol
Heh yea... this is exactly they this other computer is linux lol.. i was just too lazy to go onto that computer and move them (like i said, just did it over the network) pift.. never involve windows in linux stuff :P
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by leeming)
Heh yea... this is exactly they this other computer is linux lol.. i was just too lazy to go onto that computer and move them (like i said, just did it over the network) pift.. never involve windows in linux stuff :P
when i get my new computer, i may convert this old baby to linux...
helraizer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The one thing that annoyed me about windows Vista at first was this:

:p:

Now Task Manager has disappeared from view/use completely ¬_¬
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by helraizer)
The one thing that annoyed me about windows Vista at first was this:

:p:

Now Task Manager has disappeared from view/use completely ¬_¬
vista pissed me off so much, the other day i had it installed for no longer then 10 minutes, before it pissed me off and i deleted it from the dual boot.

my computer could take it too, but the OS is a load of ****
leeming
Rep:
?
vista pissed me off so much, the other day i had it installed for no longer then 10 minutes, before it pissed me off and i deleted it from the dual boot.

Out of my duel boot Vista/Ubuntu.. the only times i can remember sticking vista on for.. iss... *thinks*
  1. New speakers, couldnt be bothered setting them up (surround sound) and guessed vista mighta auto detect them, so i could watch a film
  2. Seems like a common problem with poor wireless support in latest ubunutu, went onto vista to transfer some stuff
  3. before i updated to newest ubuntu, it wouldnt detect ma graphics card, so used vista to play ma games

So yea... as you can see.. only used it when i a)couldnt be bothered fixing some thing, b)didnt know how to get some thing to work
Frannnnn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i want fudge. damn you diet. DAMN YOU TO HELL
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Theres your problem. Vista takes more than 10 minutes to tame .
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Talon)
Theres your problem. Vista takes more than 10 minutes to tame .
ive had it the best part of a few months before, so i knew it was bad, but it gave me a BSOD, so i just deleted it, cba to figure it out, and was running slow anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads