User135792468
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For me:

GCSE biology seemed easier but I got a higher mark for chemistry

For A level chemistry seems easier

What about degree level? Is biology or chemistry easier? I know both are hard but one must be easier than the other? Right now I’m struggling with biology. It’s just the mark schemes are so specific and even though I can memorise the content I cannot regurgitate it just the way the exam board wants it. Will it be easier at degree level since there won’t be a super-specific markschemes? I kind of need some insights
cath_slater
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please don’t choose to do a degree based on how easy you think it will be. All degrees in their own right are hard, they’re meant to be. I’ve just started a chem degree and it is hard, but bio would be as well. If you’re considering doing either of them at uni, go with the one you enjoy the most and the one you will get the most out of
User135792468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cath_slater)
Please don’t choose to do a degree based on how easy you think it will be. All degrees in their own right are hard, they’re meant to be. I’ve just started a chem degree and it is hard, but bio would be as well. If you’re considering doing either of them at uni, go with the one you enjoy the most and the one you will get the most out of
But I’m unsure. I feel like I enjoy both. Biology is a bit content heavy so I like learning it but hate memorising. Chemistry seems more logical and less content heavy but I’ve heard it is very hard at uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?