american version of abercrombie website Watch

fairycakes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
how can i see this? when i put it into google, even though it says abercrombie.com, it automatically directs me to the uk website!!

thanks
neon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
use a proxy
fairycakes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
how?
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As far as I'm aware of, there's no way of reaching the US site unless you're in America. I've no idea about this proxy caper though..
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just type the website but instead of UK put USA
mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It recognises that the IP address of your computer is in the UK, so it will always direct you to the UK site. I'm really not sure if there's a way of getting around it... there probably is, but it'd be far too technical for most people to do! :p:
jeh_jeh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Proxy doesn't work, I don't think.

Stupid massive American company that likes to rip us off! :mad:
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jeh_jeh)
Stupid massive American company that likes to rip us off! :mad:
Indeed, but I'm going to America in a few weeks time.

OUTLET STORES :coma:
chooka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some price comparing sites show the prices in dollars of the things you are looking for. The stores i think are identical only difference in price. Search the name of the thing u want, and go to a site that isnt abercrombie.com. This allows you to get a heads up of the prices.
Phalanges
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jeh_jeh)
Proxy doesn't work, I don't think.
I don't see why it wouldn't. It redirects you because your IP tells them where you live, so if you hid that information (by going through a proxy), it should just put you through to the American website.

Just type proxy into google to find one.
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonnyofengland)
I don't see why it wouldn't. It redirects you because your IP tells them where you live, so if you hid that information (by going through a proxy), it should just put you through to the American website.

Just type proxy into google to find one.
Just tried about 5 of them and they didn't work, I could get onto the main page but when I tried to click on 'Mens' I kept getting an error, they obviously don't allow you to view it through a proxy
Phalanges
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Just tried about 5 of them and they didn't work, I could get onto the main page but when I tried to click on 'Mens' I kept getting an error, they obviously don't allow you to view it through a proxy
Oh right ok, my bad.

Maybe it's because the website requires you to accept cookies from it, and you can't do that if you're using a proxy...
The Protagonist
Report 10 years ago
You CANNOT access the American website www.abercrombie.com from UK or EUROPE.

Before the London Flagship store opened, you were allowed to go on abercrombie.com to shop but due to the store opening, all traffic is diverted to abercrombie.co.uk

I know abercrombie.com is alot cheaper than our UK website. Unfortunatly our friends over on the other side of the Atlantic pays less, we have to pay a premium for a US brand, thats the way it is.
thegoodkind
Report 10 years ago
It's so annoying!
Much cheaper to go over to the states & buy it there (not including the flight ticket though! :p: )
Or if you have any friends in the US, get them to buy some stuff for you & send it over. I tend to do that & it works out a lot cheaper!
The Protagonist
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thegoodkind)
It's so annoying!
Much cheaper to go over to the states & buy it there (not including the flight ticket though! :p: )
Or if you have any friends in the US, get them to buy some stuff for you & send it over. I tend to do that & it works out a lot cheaper!
Thats exaclty what I do...Got a mate over in San Francisco, he buys them and post them over to me. I just pay him $20 for his troubles, it STILL works out cheaper!!

I do hope they open a store in Manchester thou...Would be sooo cool!
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, no chance of it working, and with P&P my Abercrombie hoodie cost about £80 at Christmas
But 14th August and I shall be home once more (Florida :p:) and will spend my $300 on Abercrombie I'm sure
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Indeed, but I'm going to America in a few weeks time.

OUTLET STORES :coma:
I do outlets too Except for somethings, cause there are other cheaper means,

Abercrombie is expensive, and some of there stuff isnt that nice.
Honestly if you going to spend Money on clothes do Armani Exchange instead of Abercrombie.
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Protagonist)
You CANNOT access the American website www.abercrombie.com from UK or EUROPE.

Before the London Flagship store opened, you were allowed to go on abercrombie.com to shop but due to the store opening, all traffic is diverted to abercrombie.co.uk

I know abercrombie.com is alot cheaper than our UK website. Unfortunatly our friends over on the other side of the Atlantic pays less, we have to pay a premium for a US brand, thats the way it is.
yes, but compared to the American Dollar, and average income here. it is still expensive, even tho we do pay less
thegoodkind
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Protagonist)
I do hope they open a store in Manchester thou...Would be sooo cool!
Definitely! I'm surprised they haven't actually...
Although if they did, it would probs annoy me cause everyone would be wearing their clothes then & I won't be able to gloat with me :p:
Happiness
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
https://proxify.com/

Just type the .com address in there and you'll be able to see the US site. You probably won't be able to (and shouldn't try) buying stuff from it though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed