unknown5432
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi there i am 14 years old and am very interested in joining the raf as a doctor i am very good across all subjects at school and have a great attendance record at school however i am set to take the foundation paper which means i can only achieve a c in maths i would like to attend university to study medicine before joining the raf i have no medical problems except the fact i wear glasses what are the chances that i will be able to join the raf in the future.
thankyou for your time
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by unknown5432)
It's impossible to say what your chances are, you are far too far away from the time where you are the right age, have the right qualifications, have demonstrated the aptitude, have the experience etc.

Join the cadets and see if you enjoy the insight you will get on the lifestyle, and work hard at school, because your academic performance will have to be outstanding to get into medicine.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's more about it here. Basically, you need to be qualified and registered as a doctor. If you join cadets, activities such as station visits/summer camps should be used as an opportunity to learn more about the RAF, but for an officer role you need to be taking on responsibilities that show you have leaderahip potential; inside and outside of school, it's been involved in organising events, sports captaincy, prefect etc. As already said, early days, but you can start getting some valuable skills and experience now that will do you good whatever job you apply for.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...edical-officer
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi there i am 14 years old and am very interested in joining the raf as a doctor i am very good across all subjects at school and have a great attendance record at school however i am set to take the foundation paper which means i can only achieve a c in maths i would like to attend university to study medicine before joining the raf i have no medical problems except the fact i wear glasses what are the chances that i will be able to join the raf in the future.
thankyou for your time
Hi

As has already been advised, you're still a very long way off being able to apply for the role you want to do in the RAF. When you're completing your A levels you should start to have a look at the possibility of getting a scholarship for your medical degree etc. But you have time to get to that point. Keep your eye on the RAF Recruitment website to check on the entry criteria etc in case things change in the future. But for now focus on your education and activities that will give you leadership and teamwork experience.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thankyou for your time
Look at the medicine forums elsewhere on here about how to get in to study that. The RAF will come later down the line.
unknown5432
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It's impossible to say what your chances are, you are far too far away from the time where you are the right age, have the right qualifications, have demonstrated the aptitude, have the experience etc.

Join the cadets and see if you enjoy the insight you will get on the lifestyle, and work hard at school, because your academic performance will have to be outstanding to get into medicine.
thankyou and i will.
unknown5432
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Look at the medicine forums elsewhere on here about how to get in to study that. The RAF will come later down the line.
thankyou i appreciate the advice
unknown5432
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

As has already been advised, you're still a very long way off being able to apply for the role you want to do in the RAF. When you're completing your A levels you should start to have a look at the possibility of getting a scholarship for your medical degree etc. But you have time to get to that point. Keep your eye on the RAF Recruitment website to check on the entry criteria etc in case things change in the future. But for now focus on your education and activities that will give you leadership and teamwork experience.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
thankyou so much for this advice i appreciate this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads