The Student Room Group

Application for MSc finance 2020

I am applying to Msc finance for 2020 intake. I am considering these options: Cranfield, Henley, Nottingham Trent, Aston, Birmingham, Birkbeck, Brunel, Lancaster and Queens Mary. How good are these options? Which would be more better among these? (Considering more options for safer side)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Omkark75
I am applying to Msc finance for 2020 intake. I am considering these options: Cranfield, Henley, Nottingham Trent, Aston, Birmingham, Birkbeck, Brunel, Lancaster and Queens Mary. How good are these options? Which would be more better among these? (Considering more options for safer side)

Hey!

I'm a 2nd year Finance & Economics student at Lancaster University.

I would assume most of the content would be similar at each university. Lancaster University is ranked within the top 10 of most major university ranking scales. I have found the benefits of Lancaster to be all the academic support that is provided; you can book on to MASH (Maths and Science Help) sessions and essay writing help sessions whenever you require these types of assistance. Lancaster also has a brilliant careers service; I found my careers advisor really helpful when applying for insight days and internships and the university management school also holds regular careers events, these are great for meeting potential employers.

Lancaster itself is also a really beautiful place to live and study for 3 years. The public transport into the city is really convenient, but you do also have everything you need here on campus. Our Accommodation has been named 'Best University Halls' for the eighth time since 2010 at the UK's prestigious National Student Housing Awards.

Hope this was all helpful!

Charlie
Birmingham and Queen Mary. Assuming you want to work in finance, those two are the most respectable/ I've seen more of in my opinion.
Original post by Omkark75

Hi @Omkark75

I hope your MSc applications are going well :smile:

If you are still considering your options it may be worth checking our MSc Finance course at Warwick Business School which is ranked as 3rd in the UK by the Financial Times rankings. If there is anything, in particular, you would like to know about the course or life on campus please don't hesitate to ask me.

Francesca
WBS Official Rep
Reply 4
Robin Jarvis the Professor was well known for stealing students research at Kingston University, so I would advise against Brunei.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending