Buying cigarettes first time Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I’m not necessarily going to use them but i bought some kind of just because I can idk. Anyway, when I bought them I’m pretty sure I sounded confident as if it was a normal thing I do, I didn’t want it to look like a first time, and the man kind of smiled/ laughed when I said it? I don’t know why, is it because I look innocent? I’ve been told I look innocent but all he saw was my face so idk I’m confused, why would he laugh...
ameta1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
maybe he likes randomly laughing! I buy a lot and even now i sometimes don't seem confident
HollyG71
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m not necessarily going to use them but i bought some kind of just because I can idk. Anyway, when I bought them I’m pretty sure I sounded confident as if it was a normal thing I do, I didn’t want it to look like a first time, and the man kind of smiled/ laughed when I said it? I don’t know why, is it because I look innocent? I’ve been told I look innocent but all he saw was my face so idk I’m confused, why would he laugh...
What did you ask for, usually some one who knows their way around a pack of cigs will ask for what they want by name and cigs taste very different depending on what you smoke so he could have been judging you on that. Tbh he was probably just being friendly ...
Last edited by HollyG71; 4 months ago
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well what did you say..exact words
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HollyG71)
What did you ask for, usually some one who knows their way around a pack of **** will ask for what they want by name and **** taste very different depending on what you smoke so he could have been judging you on that. Tbh he was probably just being friendly ...
Marlboro gold? Is that weird? I read that’s a popular one. It definitely wasn’t a friendly laugh, I’m pretty sure it was judgmental
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Well what did you say..exact words
I said ‘can I have the Marlboro cigarettes pls’
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
People can sometimes see when someone is trying to hard to be confident. It's like when teenagers try to get into an 18+ film.

I have bought cigarettes for friends (who then got high and didn't pay me back) and it would have been strange to see the person laugh, but I'd have thought that it was because I was trying to hide nerves. Which is understandable for younger people.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Blech, Cow Dung :mad:
HollyG71
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Marlboro gold? Is that weird? I read that’s a popular one. It definitely wasn’t a friendly laugh, I’m pretty sure it was judgemental
Well personally I think they're grim, and I would have said 'a pack of Marlboro gold please', but there isn't really anything wrong in what you said, maybe it was your demeanour
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah that's a bit...odd

I'd have asked for 20 Marlboro Gold
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I feel that way when I order Caribbean food. I bring some for my girl when she's too tired to make it herself. And when I order I'm always the only white person there. I asked for bread and chicken, the woman was like "what kind of bread? :indiff:" I was like *points* she was like, what bread is that? I was like that one she was like, this one? I was like yeah yeah. She was like, oh you mean the hard bread love?" I was like "hard loaf?" She was like, it's called hard dough bread.

I was like, ...ok..well whatever it's called can I get it?

She busted out laughing and tried to get the black customers to laugh but ain't no one laugh lol then..I wanted some chicken...lol so I was like...and can I get that chicken? She was like, what kinda chicken? I pointed to the menu picture. She was like which one? I was like the one with the sauce. She was like what sauce? Lmao...needless to say she was ****ing with me but tis ok, a more professional cook helped me and a top lad who was eating there haha apparently it's called jerk chicken haha. Now I order with my girl over the phone lol
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Lol that's why he laughed. Just say "pack of Marlboros" or "Marlboro's". Don't need to specify that they're cigarettes. Lol.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
lol yeah thats exactly why. its not because you look innocent, its because he can tell you're a newbie. you don't just ask for the brand you be specific and say exactly which one you want, how many in the pack. that sort of thing.
Sretep01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I feel that way when I order Caribbean food. I bring some for my girl when she's too tired to make it herself. And when I order I'm always the only white person there. I asked for bread and chicken, the woman was like "what kind of bread? :indiff:" I was like *points* she was like, what bread is that? I was like that one she was like, this one? I was like yeah yeah. She was like, oh you mean the hard bread love?" I was like "hard loaf?" She was like, it's called hard dough bread.

I was like, ...ok..well whatever it's called can I get it?

She busted out laughing and tried to get the black customers to laugh but ain't no one laugh lol then..I wanted some chicken...lol so I was like...and can I get that chicken? She was like, what kinda chicken? I pointed to the menu picture. She was like which one? I was like the one with the sauce. She was like what sauce? Lmao...needless to say she was ****ing with me but tis ok, a more professional cook helped me and a top lad who was eating there haha apparently it's called jerk chicken haha. Now I order with my girl over the phone lol
Lol
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah it's like walking into a pub and asking for the 'Fosters alcohol drink please' likely to get a raised eyebrow at least.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As someone that used to work in a petrol station, after a while you can usually tell when it's a person's first time buying them.

They think they're saying it confidentially enough, but they're not. Most of them don't know how many are in the pack/pouch and some are really obvious when they don't have a specific brand in mind.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ah then it was obvious that you were buying for the first time.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Lol that's why he laughed. Just say "pack of Marlboros" or "Marlboro's". Don't need to specify that they're cigarettes. Lol.
Not to mention that there's like, 3 or 4 different kinds of Marlboro... Too vague not to be obvious.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sretep01)
Lol
Iz hard out here 4 a pimp
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah it's like walking into a pub and asking for the 'Fosters alcohol drink please' likely to get a raised eyebrow at least.
LOL!!! yes just imagine that..but I get it, that's why people order drinks for others, especially on dates. The other person is prob clueless haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.02%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.37%
No- I want it (174)
28.29%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.32%

Watched Threads

Latest