The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nopers.^_^
Nope. I have two gay male friends and 1 bi female friend.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Never has :]]
Reply 42
I don't care at all - my closest boy mate is gay, but I'm not sure I believe the results of this thread as really representative!

My boyfriend is a very tolerant guy but he admitted to me that if one of his mates said he was gay he couldn't help but to view them differently. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would feel this way too.

Out of interest, would anyone else find it a bit weirder if it was a same-sex friend that admitted they were gay? I'm thinking I might a bit, but obviously it wouldn't change my opinion of them or anything.
Hmm, I'm guessing people won't want to openly say no here in general. Might not even bother clicking it.
No way! My best friend in the entire world is a girl I met on my course at university (we're both girls, by the way :smile: ) - I found out she was gay a few weeks after we met and I can't say anything changed, except that now I give her advice on girls rather than boys!

I treat her the same as my other girl friends, and as I'm a very tactile person this includes hand holding and cuddling, the same as with any of the others, and we've always said that we're as close to platonic soulmates as you could get :smile:
Reply 45
This happened to me, a friend told me he was bisexual, doesn't bother me.
Reply 46
I wrote depends, because I care about them in terms of I wonder about the lifestyle choice they have made, but I don't judge them because it's their life. I'm a Christian and about a year ago I found out one of my friends (I thought she was my strongest Christian friend from home) was a lesbian. This was very hard for me because I loved the fact she was such a strong Christian and I worry about the lifestyle choice she's made, but I don't judge her because it's her life and people are given the free will to live the way they want to.
DoMakeSayThink
Yay, look how tolerant and new age we all are.

:sucks:

"New Age"?

"New age" has nothing to do with the emancipation of gay people. "New age" refers to the "modern" influx of interest in "supernatural" beliefs such as crystals and psychic mediums.

Look how uneducated you are.

In response to the OP - No, I wouldn't care at all! In fact, I may be quite intrigued if I were attracted to them (Being Bisexual and all that...)
Reply 48
nah as long as they told me. would be worse if they felt they couldnt
One of my closest friends is bi-sexual and I couldn't care less, I just accept her for who she is. It's not like everytime I see her I think "she's bi, eww stay away, fear for your safety!" or anything stupid like that. :smile:
All of my closest friends are Bi and one of them I'm sure is either bi or a lesbian. Doesn't bother me.
Reply 51
Not at all. Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, they are all people. If they have a good personality and I get on with them what buisiness of mine is it who they want to roger/by rogered by?
|>|Imagine|<|
"New Age"?

"New age" has nothing to do with the emancipation of gay people. "New age" refers to the "modern" influx of interest in "supernatural" beliefs such as crystals and psychic mediums.

Look how uneducated you are.

In response to the OP - No, I wouldn't care at all! In fact, I may be quite intrigued if I were attracted to them (Being Bisexual and all that...)

Honestly? I couldn't give a crap. New age also means modern music characterized by quiet improvisation on the acoustic piano, guitar and synthesizer and a dreamy, relaxing sound. However, it was fairly obvious what I meant in my post. Besides which, new age beliefs generally involve the rejection of dogmata, one of which being the persecution of homosexuals.

Don't get me wrong, now. I've nothing against the progress that is being made with equal rights for gay people, quite the opposite. What I don't support is the sanctimonious masturbation that goes on when people say how tolerant they are of gay people, how smug they feel for not being like 'those bigoted men down the pub'. Not being prejudiced should be an expectation, not something to aim for.
Well of course I would care, but it doesnt mean that they still wouldnt be my friend, they still would be though I could probably never feel the same as before I knew.
Reply 54
One of my best friends is bisexual. It doesn't bother me. Personally I think she's quite sexy...:smile:
Reply 55
I lost one of my friends when he admitted he was gay. We just drifted apart completely, since he sort of did a 90 degree turn on his personality.
Reply 56
Wouldn't bother me. At least you would know they aren't trying to come onto you!

My brother told me, after explaining one of my friends is bi, he replied:

"Thats just greedy. You either have boys or girls. Not both!"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
LPK
Nopers.^_^

:hmmm:
Nah it would not bother me. At the end of the day they are still my friend :biggrin:
Reply 59
I wouldnt mind them and they could still be my friend but I just wouldnt want to hear all the details about their sex life. I could tolerate the summaries but not graphic details, one of my gay friends decided to tell me what he did with a guy and I kind of had to stop eating.

Latest

Trending

Trending