Scared of something bad happening. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey everyone.

Might sound ridiculous but i'm really scared that something bad is going to happen to someone I love, especially me or my boyfriend. When I say bad, I mean death.

I've read about so much death on the news etc and it's really got to me. Whether people have died through a car accident or cancer or murder, it's been there on the news and it's made me really scared and upset.

I'm convinced i'm gonna die young because I have bad luck in life. Also, my boyfriend is going to California for the first time with his job but all on his own and i'm terrified the plane is going to be taken over or something will go wrong with the plane. Also, he has got to have his pacemaker changed for the first time at the end of the year and because it is all to do with the heart, again i'm worried something bad is going to happen.

We are moving in together in January and I just hope all goes well before then. But yea i'm worried something bad is going to happen to either one of us, maybe i'll die while giving birth in the future or get cancer or something.

God it's doing my head in!

Help!!!

Thanks. x
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Firstly, you are not alone in this. Many people feel the same way. I know it's big and scary and you feel like you're on your own, but you're not.

It sounds like what you're suffering from is anxiety. Personally, I would go to my doctor and talk to them about this; There is a lot they can do to help, from drugs to councelling and lots of things inbetween, and they won't laugh at you or think you're stupid.

The news only reports the negative stuff, try and remember that. They look at the bad side of life and broadcast it - It's their job. This reminds me of a quote at the start of the film Coyote Ugly, where Bill (Violets Dad) is talking to her about moving to New York, and warning her of the 'dangers'. He says something like "The headlines should read 'Thousands survive another night in New York City'". And it's true. These bad things happen, when you stack the statistics up against the population/'at risk' numbers, they are extremely insignificant. More people die every year (or so I'm told) as a result of incidents with donkeys than do in plane crashes. Think about that when your boyfriend goes on holiday! :p:

Yes, something terrible might happen in your life. But that's life - And you can guarentee, it'll make you a stronger person for it. But right now you're young, and you should be living for the day you have today, not the days you might have a year down the line.

Hope this helps. <3
sparkle86
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks. I mean I don't feel it's got to the stage where im depressed or anything by it so don't feel the need for the doctor or a counsellor. It's just mild worrying really.

Karen. x
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sparkle86)
Thanks. I mean I don't feel it's got to the stage where im depressed or anything by it so don't feel the need for the doctor or a counsellor. It's just mild worrying really.

Karen. x
Depression and anxiety are two different things hun.

Just keep it in mind, k?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Omg I am exactly the same. I can panic all day that something bad will happen to one of my parents or my friends or whatever if I know they're going somewhere far away, or if they're ill. I swear I'm just crazy. It keeps me awake at night sometimes cos I've been so worried that my parents will get attacked while they're out on a night out or that one of my friends will die in a car crash etc.
Fiona
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE=Spotty Dog]

This whole post is so thoughtful and well balanced and kind, I am not surprised she felt much better for reading it.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fiona)

This whole post is so thoughtful and well balanced and kind, I am not surprised she felt much better for reading it.
Thank you. *shrugs* I try my best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise