1st year student - level 2 modules? Watch

EvilSheep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Can a 1st year student take level 2 modules??? I'll be doing IR, and there's so many level 2 modules that I'd like to do, but I'll be abroad for that year.. Possible??
alex-hs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not particularly recommended, but I don't think there's anything specifically prohibiting it. It'll depend on your department's specific policy though.

Bear in mind that (usually) for courses with a year abroad, when you come back to the UK you'll be doing the level of modules equivalent to the year you've missed, so quite possibly you'll have level 2 modules to look forward to when you come back.
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
(Original post by alex-hs)
It's not particularly recommended, but I don't think there's anything specifically prohibiting it. It'll depend on your department's specific policy though.

Bear in mind that (usually) for courses with a year abroad, when you come back to the UK you'll be doing the level of modules equivalent to the year you've missed, so quite possibly you'll have level 2 modules to look forward to when you come back.
Apparently not, because the 2nd year is counting.. So you kind of get past that level while abroad.
Oh well, I realised that most of the modules I like aren't running anyways this year.. Which is very annoying!!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't think so. I tried it but they won't let you. you might be lucky though.
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See you're doing the MSci too! I'm hoping to do that in 2009 entry. As far as my reading goes, you could do them online if they're allowed by U21, or perhaps late in Yr3 if you're really interested in that particular module, but I'm e-mailing the Uni in a couple of weeks (on holiday till then). Have to post any replies here
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
See you're doing the MSci too! I'm hoping to do that in 2009 entry. As far as my reading goes, you could do them online if they're allowed by U21, or perhaps late in Yr3 if you're really interested in that particular module, but I'm e-mailing the Uni in a couple of weeks (on holiday till then). Have to post any replies here
There's a certain amount of modules that you can do when abroad, but I don't think it's that many... In year 3 I think I'd prefer doing modules that are on my level...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads