The Student Room Group

Am I just too insecure to be alive lol?

Hi,

I just want to begin by saying I don’t want to sound like a hater or like I’m jealous of any of my friends- because I’m not. I’m happy for them and I think it’s just something to do with me. I know I’ve got mental health issues too x.

Literally all my friends are beautiful, thin and smart. Like the whole package lol. I’m not all that on the other hand (which I then start then start questioning why they enjoy hanging about with me) I know friendship is not about looks at all and it’s stupid of me to but I can’t help but wonder. I’m not sure if they dress to impress but they always look good. I’m quite a modest girl so...

As I said they’re all pretty so they do talk about getting moved to a lot which I then start feeling very insecure and find ways to deal with it. Going on diets or starving myself is the only thing that makes me feel “pretty”. They said they’re “fat” or they’ve been eating loads so then I start to wonder about myself.

Am I dumb for thinking like that?
don't put youself down. Its difficult I know but comparing is the worst thing you can possibly do
is there anyone else you can hang out with? this women seem a bit...shallow. possibly manipulative. it may be their intention that you "start to wonder" about yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by ساره
don't put youself down. Its difficult I know but comparing is the worst thing you can possibly do

Hey sarah,

I know but I don’t know how to stop😭😭
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
is there anyone else you can hang out with? this women seem a bit...shallow. possibly manipulative. it may be their intention that you "start to wonder" about yourself.

What women? I don’t think so. It’s university. No one cares (I need to understand this!!!)

Quick Reply

Latest